Frequent Contributor

What is the problem with new posters?

The last few days I have been reading lots of complaints about new posters or people like me who post infrequently.  Why is that a problem?  Why does that seem to offend so many?

I think I am one of the posters who is the target of these complaints, but I don't understand what I have done to offend people.  I am not really new. I have been shopping with QVC for over a decade.  The last year or so I have averaged 5 to 6 QVC purchases a month.  My husband hates it, but I keep my UPS guy busy.  I set up an account to post on these boards awhile back, don't remember when.  I read several topics on the boards off and on.  I usually read comments about the TSV or other products I'm interested in.  Sometimes I read other posts if the subject line interests me.  I rarely post, mostly because I don't have anything to add to the conversation or, I just don't want to take the time to type it out on my tablet. Also, awhile back the sign in process was cumbersome and I didn't want to bother signing in to comment.  The last few days I have posted more frequently.  I don't know why really.  Maybe I have more time or otherwise bored or I just felt like adding my two cents to the conversation.  I assure you my motives are not nefarious and I do not intend to provoke.  My guess is that most of the new posters are similar to me.  So why all the negativity?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: What is the problem with new posters?

I haven't read any complaints about new posters.  Actually, I've read several comments about how new posters are welcome.

The issue is with people who set up multiple usernames.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Dash I'm new here as well to the forums and have made a few posts.  What they are trying to say is people who have been around for a while have disagreements with others and them come back and sign in with a new"nickname" as it's called. It happens at HSN and most chatrooms.  Yes, it is quite easy to spot their style of writing, subject matter, etc. very soon.

And yes, these nicknames talk and have conversations with themselves.  Creepy, I know, but what can you do?  Oh my goodness..... Smiley Indifferent

Honored Contributor

@wildcat fan wrote:

I haven't read any complaints about new posters.  Actually, I've read several comments about how new posters are welcome.

The issue is with people who set up multiple usernames.  

Same here.

Honored Contributor

there is a recent thread that deals with this topic of "new" posters.... can be found in Q TALK.

Anybody Notice a Sudden Influx of "New" Posters?

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Q-Talk/Anybody-Notice-a-Sudden-Influx-of-quot-New-quot-Posters/m-p/3935...

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

The problem is when one has a registration date that is almost a decade old, and they only have a dozen or less posts under that nic.

There are those who have back-up nics that they use after they get banned.

One post or less per year?

It gets my antenna up as to their motives.

Respected Contributor

Personally I think it is great to have new posters.  They bring some new ideas to the forum.  Another good thing is it shows the forum is still useful and hopefully QVC will keep it around for a long time. 

Welcome anyone new or anyone who doesn't post often.  Please don't be strangers.

Respected Contributor

Unfortunately, some new posters start posting only to create havoc. 

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

I wouldn't worry about it.  Keep on keeping on.

Esteemed Contributor

@Dash  Everyone was a "new" poster at some point. Don't sweat it.