Respected Contributor

What is everyone doing this summer?

Any big plans?  Vacations?  

I have no plans -- nothing.  I can't wait to just be at home relaxing, take walks, go out shopping with friends, go to the library and spend time with my fam.  

Respected Contributor

Re: What is everyone doing this summer?

Wait -- I do have one plan.  I'm having a yard sale.

Honored Contributor

Sitting on the pool deck of the town pool as often as I can

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Super Contributor

Going to Africa (alone) to visit my daughter and her family.  I haven't seen my grandbabies in a year and a half. Not crazy about the location, but I will go wherever she is to see those children.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi @Mellie32 and Hi @I am still oxox..  nice topic for a thread!!

Well my husband is in the healing process from major dental surgery- takes between 4 and 12 months...   hoping this works out as football season for us starts Sept. 4th and our Halloween vacation is, of course, late October.  

Really we don't have any plans for summer- he works & I, I don't know what you'd call what little I don't do.  

Enjoy yourselves!!   

• Image result for smiley in summer  @pegomyheart, have a wonderful trip to Africa and enjoy those grandbabies!!  
Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

Our usual trip home to Pa for a few months. We are in the process of trying to decide if this snowbirding is something we want to continue to do or if it is time to give it up. A lot goes into making this decision. It's a ton of work for my DH. We are leaning more & more toward staying in Fl . all year, or selling the camper and doing some traveling to other places in the summer.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BSMo

Ouch can I ask what he had done, my implant surgery took about 18 months to heal and complete

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

Enjoy your summer, Mellie.  Good luck with the yard sale. 

Oldest daughter is doing an internship in DC for 8 weeks this summer, so we'll be going there for a while just to make sure she's all settled.  Youngest is starting college in the Fall, so we'll have to get all her dorm things.  LOL 

Other than that, just the usual nonsense. 

Oh, we're going to a Food Truck Fest and Ravinia a couple of times. 

All I know is it's going to go fast...

Honored Contributor

We just got back from a vacation.  Being that I was in NYC at the very end of December and now this vacay, I doubt we'll be going anywhere else this year.   We got the boat ready to go so we will be out on the weekends when we can.  My DH's schedule doesn't appear to be leaving a lot of weekend time though.

We have a number of wedding, shower and graduations throughout the summer.  It's funny, we haven't been to a wedding in a couple of years and now we have 4 of them this summer/fall.     

Respected Contributor

We haven't been to a wedding in a long time.