Esteemed Contributor

Re: What is everyone doing this summer?

We are going overseas to Asia and Europe on vacay for about 2 1/2 weeks and then my husband has to go to California on business but will have lots of free time so I am going with him. We are going to Big Sur and to see several ghost towns. I have always wanted to do the ghost town thing. 

The rest of the summer I will be staying mainly at our beach house instead of just coming down for long weekends. I am taking the majority of the summer off. I have had 2 summers off in the past 5 yrs but that was because of illness and I had no choice about that. This will be the first summer since I have started working at 14 that I will not work by choice. My husband has been begging me to do this for a while and I am finally doing it. I will be kayaking, paddleboarding, jetskiiing and we just got kiteboards so kiteboarding too. We will go on overnight boat trips when my husband comes down on the weekends. I do know how to drive it but I just don't feel 100% comfortable in doing it all by myself without anyone like him, daughter or someone else who knows how to use it too. We have had this thing for several years now and we haven't used it that much. I was like why do we have this thing if we aren't really taking advantage of it so I want to change that.  I plan on spending lots of time in the ocean and/or just being outside and active at least 70% of everyday. I've made a couple of really cool ladies who are really into a lot of those same outdoor sports and we look forward to hanging out.

I am really excited about it and totally looking forward to it!

Whatever everyone does I hope you all really enjoy your summers. 

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Esteemed Contributor

I don't like the summer season--never have.....I'll be inside my air-conditioned house with maybe an occasional quick visit to my deck....  I spend most of the summer waiting for Fall....

Valued Contributor

The Fat Canary, a few doors down from the Kimble is very nice, And LaYaka is also very good.  

Honored Contributor

Working and getting my son ready to jump the nest!

Respected Contributor

We took early retirement, so we need no vacation.  And we live on a lake, so we feel we're on vacation all the time, anyway. When summer comes the last thing I want to do is go anywhere. I'll be on the dock in the water is much is possible. 

Honored Contributor

Only using 5 vacation days between Memorial and Labor Day.  Enjoy autumn more and will take a lot of days off later in the year.

Honored Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

@SharkE

I have good friends who live in Ruidoso.  I keep saying I am going to visit but never seem to make it!

@DiAnne

word to the wise this is biker rally week end. Roaring engines , smoke and pollution, bikers dragging up and down Suddenrath. We got in and out on the first avoiding all that element.

They said it never gets above 85' down there I don't believe it. They said we folks from Amarillo escape the heat and go there in the heat of summer where it gets 100-108 some days.  I took her word for it. LOL