Honored Contributor

Re: What is everyone doing this summer?

@Mellie32. My vacation plans stalled. Son living with us while relocating to job 1/2 hr. away. DIL and grandchildren will move when kids get out of school. 

They've a house that needs some "work" done. I'll either be pitching in or watching the Girls to keep them from being underfoot. 

The Girls want me to paint a mural on one wall in their room....sounds like fun. I'm sketching ideas now. Thinking of something they won't outgrow too soon. They suggested princesses, etc., but I asked them about a garden wall with flowers, a lake, boat and maybe painting them in somewhere on the wall. As they grow, I can paint over their "little selves" and update the portraits to current ages. 

What do you think?

Honored Contributor

@Mellie32 A yard sale sounds fun!  DH doesn't want to help out with one, so I am deep cleaning my house and donating a lot of stuff.  Also hoping to get my son out surfing.....Oh and redoing our backyard.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

@Bri36 wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Bri36 wrote:

We haven't been to a wedding in a long time. 

If I get one more invitation, I'm going to have to get a second job for all the gifts we have to buy.  Woman LOLWoman LOL

LOL

Hope they meet all the board's criteria  Woman LOL

I'm going to start a thread in the fashion forum asking if it's okay for me to wear Birkenstocks with a white lace dress to one of the weddings.  Woman Tongue

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Going to Kentucky for a long weekend, and to Ohio for a family reunion, and also to Michigan for a family picnic at the end of summer!Otherwise, just enjoying the summer, and my daughters and granddaughters, and of course hubby! Just wanted to add that we will probably spend a lot of weekends with my daughter and her husband and two children at the lake, they live right on a lake, and it is so beautiful......

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Bri36 wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Bri36 wrote:

If I get one more invitation, I'm going to have to get a second job for all the gifts we have to buy.  Woman LOLWoman LOL

LOL

I'm going to start a thread in the fashion forum asking if it's okay for me to wear Birkenstocks with a white lace dress to one of the weddings.  Woman Tongue

OMG ... Just got diet coke up my nose on that one.  ROTFL!!!!!

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Bri36 wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Bri36 wrote:

LOL

Make sure you ask if you should wear pantyhose.

Regular Contributor

Yes I will be going to the south of France, and Mexico, then Eupore for 2 weks, Are you kidding me? Who has money for that? I have college tuition to pay get real people

Respected Contributor

waiting for it to be over, I dislike the heat...

Honored Contributor

Here you go @Lipstickdiva:

Image result for Birkenstock Outfits

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Trusted Contributor

Cook, clean, do laundry, yard work. B tch about the heat and humidity.