Honored Contributor

Re: What is Up with Kelly Ripa's Blue Hair??

With women (even some of a certain "age") running around with blue fingernails.... I don't understand the problem with blue hair?  Actually Kelly should have matched her hair with blue nail polish....  Woman LOL

...and maybe a new piercing....  Woman Wink  

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Valued Contributor

Said so well. I would not think a thing if it was these girls on T.V. at 18,20. as Nicole was and Paris and all the rest, but on a 40 plus women,No way> That is why in my belief she would NEVER be taken seriously enough to be a top anchor on a National News show. I really do not think she could compete and get the rankings or the money as K.C.; R.R. Deb. Norville, and many more. Can you see Diane Sawyer with blue hair? Not even in the same class. IMO

Valued Contributor

You are so welcome!

Honored Contributor

@alleycatnumber1 wrote:

Said so well. I would not think a thing if it was these girls on T.V. at 18,20. as Nicole was and Paris and all the rest, but on a 40 plus women,No way> That is why in my belief she would NEVER be taken seriously enough to be a top anchor on a National News show. I really do not think she could compete and get the rankings or the money as K.C.; R.R. Deb. Norville, and many more. Can you see Diane Sawyer with blue hair? Not even in the same class. IMO

I don't think she has any desire to be Diane Sawyer. She was a soap opera actress and then she got into talk shows. If she wanted to be anchor she would have taken a different career path. 

That doesn't change the fact that someones hair color has no reflection on their ability to do their job. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Esteemed Contributor

@JAXS mom wrote:

@alleycatnumber1 wrote:

I don't think she has any desire to be Diane Sawyer. She was a soap opera actress and then she got into talk shows. If she wanted to be anchor she would have taken a different career path. 

That doesn't change the fact that someones hair color has no reflection on their ability to do their job. 

I agree, I don't see her trying to compete with Diane Sawyer at all. Even if Diane were to dye her hair pink or blue, I don't see how that would change how good she is or isn't at her job. My GI surgeon has almost his whole body tattooed. His has complete sleeves on both of his arms. He was still the best GI surgeon on the east coast and his tattoos in no way inhibit him from being a great doctor. I could have chosen someone else who was tattoo free but I wouldn't have been getting the surgeon with the best track record and reputation.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Respected Contributor

Speaking of ridiculous, I just caught Jenny McCarthy on Kathie Lee and Hoda. Pinky poo hairdo....and she said it's permanent color! I've seen her many times when her blond hair was beyond gorgeous. Uh, not so much now.

Honored Contributor

I don't like it on anyone - young or old.
Esteemed Contributor

@Q4u wrote:

With women (even some of a certain "age") running around with blue fingernails.... I don't understand the problem with blue hair?  Actually Kelly should have matched her hair with blue nail polish....  Woman LOL

...and maybe a new piercing....  Woman Wink  

ITA...a beautiful sky blue or pretty mint green would be perfect choices for summer! The piercing comment not so much since that would be permanent, or at the very least, leave behind a hole in the skin. 

The hair color is temporary. It's not chalk (as someone mentioned above) but a temporary dye. Kelly's hairdresser had to dye her blond hair dark (temporary) to get the pretty blue it is now. Kelly mentioned she went with temporary color as she doesn't like to use damaging chemicals on her hair.

I think it's fun and summery! Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@JAXS mom wrote:

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

I like it, I think it looks really cute. I didn't realize there was an age cut off to when you can color your hair a fun and different color. Some of these comments sound so old fashion. Should women have a mandatory length they should cut their hair to at age 40 or a nail polish color that women over 40 should wear? It is HAIR. It grows back. Lighten up, life is too short not try things you want to.

I'd be seriously depressed if I had to follow all the arbitrary rules on style posted on the boards. I'd also be completely bored. Expressing yourself doesn't have a age limit. 

This has nothing to do with any other "rules" as you call them.  I am all for dressing and looking youthful. However, blue, pink, green hair says "desperate for attention" on her.

Esteemed Contributor

When I was a little girl, my grandmother's hair was always blue.  Her friends all had blue, pink or lavender tinted hair.  I think it was something used to keep their hair from yellowing.  

Because I was little, I thought it was just something that "happened" to your hair when you got old, LOL.  Smiley Happy  For that reason alone, I would likely never dye my hair a pastel color.  It's just not for me, although I know it's really popular now and that's ok, live and let live.  

I just don't personally like the look but it's Kelly's hair and her beeswax, not mine.  Her show is an entertainment show and she does things for laughs so I think it's fine.  Smiley Happy