Honored Contributor

Re: What is Up with Kelly Ripa's Blue Hair??

Kelly's show is fun and frothy. If I was younger, I would do it in a New York minute Smiley Happy
A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Esteemed Contributor

Popular?? On a 12 year old maybe. No, wait, many schools do not allow non-nature hair color.  I think it looks so stupid on her(or any adult). She is cute but it is more attractive when a person does not try to act "cute".

Respected Contributor

I like it.   I think it looks great.  I'm not that fond of the green but I like all the other colors.

Honored Contributor

My husband mentioned how bad he thought it looked

Honored Contributor

I guess it must be the in thing for some.  Didn't Nicole Ritchey, Kelly Osbourne and Kylie K. have blue hair, or still have blue hair?  Better than trying for blonde and get orange instead. 

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

Colliegirls, it is popular. Especially with movie stars and models. They are usually the first to start a trend. It's also popular in a deep pink or burgundy.
A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Respected Contributor

Ripa had to do something to spice up the show .... have not watched since Regis departed.

Honored Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

I guess it must be the in thing for some.  Didn't Nicole Ritchey, Kelly Osbourne and Kylie K. have blue hair, or still have blue hair?  Better than trying for blonde and get orange instead. 

In the article I read about it, they did have a mishap and originally her hair turned out bright lime green.  LOL 

Honored Contributor

@alleycatnumber1 wrote:

@Lila Belle wrote:
She's having fun.

I like it !

You do not see professional people like R.Roberts, Today show, GMA, do silly things like that unless it is for Halloween. There is a certain amount of professionalism you are expected to carry on a National T.V. show as that

She's Kelly RIpa and hosts a morning talk show where they talk about fashion, fitness and cooking between celebrity interviews. She is not delivering the nightly news. I don't care what color her hair is while she talks about cooking or interviews Ryan Seacrest. Let me know if she interviews someone like Purtin or Angela Merkel with blue hair and then I might think it's unprofessional.

I don't take her seriously based on the content of her show, so the color of her hair makes no difference to me.

Honored Contributor

I haven't seen the other colors, but did see the blue.  I believe it's some type of 'chalk' haircolor that is temporary?   I recall seeing chalk hair highlighters on a beauty program, perhaps 'Mirror Mirror' or 'Deals' (LWN).  They were highlighting the tips of various hairstyles.  Anyway, she's obviously 'having fun'.  It's 'trendy' in some areas/age groups/whatever-whatevers.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).