Honored Contributor

I think the main reason that I used to watch QVC all of the time is that many of the products were new and unexpected. Now it seems to be the same old , same old and I can go to the website and find what I want, skipping the infomercials.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

I used to watch QVC a lot but do not anymore. The prices are high and I can usually do better elsewhere. I have my go-to paints from Macy's that I get for $35 on sale with free shipping. that is approx 1/2 price of what I would pay here. 

I like Kim G and Susan G but the prices are too high. Susan G usually has good quality. 

Respected Contributor

I'm from the CVN days.  I've seen and been through it all.  Hosts coming and going.  I used to be glued to the TV waiting for special hosts and shows.  Now, I barely watch.  The main reason is unbearable hosts.  And the same products and vendors from decades ago.  The Q really knows how to milk things.  And I'm not so sure the "Age of Possibility" is all that popular.  The Q better hang on to its "over 70 audience."  

Respected Contributor

Well they're D@med if they do and D@med if they don't! haha

You can't please everyone.

I personally love all this "age of possibility" junk. I like and appreciate the message and enjoy the fun programming and the products featured are mostly right up my alley.

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals" -Immanuel Kant

"Once you have had a wonderful Dog, a life without one, is a life diminished"-Dean Koontz
Esteemed Contributor

Have noticed Leah is also using the "Age of Possibility" in all of her shows which surprised me since she claimed to have "not been invited to The Over 50 group in LV.

Has Leah ever told the truth on why she didn't go with the other QVC hosts, Reps and guests (all women over 50) on the trip to Vegas?

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Esteemed Contributor
@Imaoldhippie. I agree with you. I don’t like that woman either. Not one bit.
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor
@BirkiLady. I think Leah might have been on a planned vacation when they went to Vegas. I think Leah has too much class to get roped into this nonsense. I bet she is just mentioning it because she has been told to.
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

All the host mention it as they are told by their bosses Im quite sure.  Its scripted.

As far as Leah my opinion is that she would not "fit" in with the rowdy bunch.  I think she is a person that goes to work and goes her own way and does not socialize with her coworkers.

I am sure that we all knew a person like that in our work places, we like them they seemed to like us but not interested in socializing with coworkers.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

@Gabidog wrote:

Will it be possible to stop the age thing?  Hope so.  The products we choose have little to do with age.  QVC might do better if they just stop the endless hours spent on one item.  It is boring!  You look at the daily shows and it is the same items with different hosts!  And annoying silly yapping hosts are a turn off!  One reason folks like Valerie Parr Hill is her demeanor and calming voice.  And she gets to the details of the product early on...not a lot of trailing off on other topics.  Merchandise is another problem.  There are so many fashion lines and they overlap on what is offered.  There are how many jeans?  Sneakers?  Yet rarely do I see maxi or simple midi dresses or robes.  Color palettes are all too similar.  Most colors are too intense or harsh.  Even in home decor the colors are hard to fit into our existing homes.  Lately it is scented candles and pumpkins to the point of being overkill.  Jewelry concentrates on affinity whatever and jai.  Again, boring.  I checked online and you are good if you want a cross or heart pendant but 

try and find a nice initial pendant.  Try and find a gold snake chain.  Yet there are many many many multiple thousands of dollars diamond rings!  They all look alike!  Food shows  offer a lesser price with excess quantity.  Great if you have a walk in freezer or large pantry but offensive if you just want six.  Especially if it is a new item you want to try.  And many times the food items are not wonderful.  I hate white and milk chocolate but love dark chocolate.  Most offerings are a mixture so why buy if you hate white chocolate?  Most of the good for us food is off the charts expensive.  It might be better for an Anderson seafood or Rastelli meat of offer more combo packages.  So there is a lot wrong right now and I hope one day they get it right.

The best place to find quality gold at lower prices is sarrafdotcom.

Esteemed Contributor

It appears there is a slight shift this week with shows” alive with possibility,” including the men. 

Maybe they see the age of possibility is not successful, or at least they have to expand it.