Honored Contributor

Re: What does your user name mean?

I became a birdmama for the first time June 26, 2005.  My DH and I hand raised 2 abandoned sparrows straight outta the egg.

For anyone wondering, the female Peewee lived 9 years and 9 days.  My male Poppi is still going strong at the age of 11.

I have 2 more birds - one rescue pigeon - didn't hand raise him; another female sparrow Presto, she is now 3.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

It doesn't mean anything. I took it from a character in the Kathleen Turner movie Crimes of Passion, a movie I've never even seen, but I thought the pictures of the character were striking and I liked the way it sounded. I've been using it as one of my screen names since 1986 or 87 - I'm a creature of habit.

Respected Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

Stay At Home Mom I Am.

I was when I opened the account but returned to work shortly thereafter but didn't bother to change my user name; it also had a Dr. Seuss ring to it (Sam I Am) One day, "the Call" came regarding my son and his accident (he was 13). Our lives changed forever.

I am now and always will be SahmIam for I am his fulltime caregiver.

@SahmIam ~ You're his angel on earth through it all...God bless you and your son💞

Respected Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@AKgirl2 wrote:

@catwhisperer wrote:

@AKgirl2 wrote:

@dooBdoo wrote:

@Citrine1 wrote:

When I see your nic @dooBdoo, Frank Sinatra singing Strangers in the Night goes throught my head.  doo be doo be dooo.........

EVERY SINGLE TIME!!  LOL  I love it!

Hi, @Citrine1!  I understand!   Some posters have also told me they remember a "Do Bee and Don't Bee" from a children's show.   As long as it's a positive reaction, that's a good thing!   (Well, as long as you don't get an earworm, that is!)

@dooBdoo ~ you're talking about Ding Dong School with Ms. Frances...I remember watching and her saying "do be a good bee and don't be a bad bee"'or something to that affect.

@AKgirl2....OMG!!! I used to watch Ding Dong School. I don't know why, but I used to call Ms. Frances Ding Dong Bat. LOL. Where I got that from, I have no clue.

Probably because she looked "old" to us since we were so little...

i.e. old bat reference.  Now, I'm the old bat...as they say, what comes around goes around (sucks, donit)...

Miss Frances was in her very late 40s-50 when she was on, so looked and was older than the others - grandmotherly. 

image.jpeg

@Moonchilde ~ Good ol' Ms Frances...I remember enjoying the show which started off when she rang her hand bell...lots of memories...

She was an educated woman, BA from U of Chicago and doctorate in education from Northwestern U...

Respected Contributor

@Josetta47 wrote:

A nod to Josette from Dark Shadows

Oh ma gosh...I remember racing home from high school so I wouldnt miss a minute of the show...Barnabas was so creepy, and  Josette always in a Barnabas induced trance...I remember thinking she has the biggest eyes...👀

Respected Contributor

@kivah wrote:

My user name Kivah - is actually the name of my sweet, amazing lhasa apso. When I got her at 2 months old, she's now almost 8 years old, I gave her the Hebrew name, meaning "to protect and shelter". She's been protecting me and I've been sheltering her ever since.

Aww how sweet...we sure do take care of each other❤️🐶👩❤️

Respected Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

I became a birdmama for the first time June 26, 2005.  My DH and I hand raised 2 abandoned sparrows straight outta the egg.

For anyone wondering, the female Peewee lived 9 years and 9 days.  My male Poppi is still going strong at the age of 11.

I have 2 more birds - one rescue pigeon - didn't hand raise him; another female sparrow Presto, she is now 3.

@Bird mama ~ what a wonderful and sweet thing you and your DH

are doing and it gives one such a rewarding feeling.  Bless you and your feathered friends❤️

Honored Contributor

@ 

I was never what I would call a bird person before June 26, 2005.  My DH died when 'our kids' were 18 months old.  Neither one of us knew a thing about baby birds - God Bless the internet and the kind wildlife rehabbers who posted information back in 2005.

My birds have added so much to my life.  They are not caged and rooms were converted into an aviary set up so it's like living in a Disney cartoon :-)

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@@AKgirl2 

I was never what I would call a bird person before June 26, 2005.  My DH died when 'our kids' were 18 months old.  Neither one of us knew a thing about baby birds - God Bless the internet and the kind wildlife rehabbers who posted information back in 2005.

My birds have added so much to my life.  They are not caged and rooms were converted into an aviary set up so it's like living in a Disney cartoon :-)

What we do for our beloved feathered, and fur babies...I wanted to mention I love the names you chose, Pewee, Poppi and Presto...got the "P" thing going onSmiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@AKgirl2 wrote:

@Bird mama wrote:

@@AKgirl2 

What we do for our beloved feathered, and fur babies...I wanted to mention I love the names you chose, Pewee, Poppi and Presto...got the "P" thing going onSmiley Happy

Sorry for the loss of your husband...I'm sure he's right there with you enjoying and watching the birds.