Valued Contributor

Re: What does your user name mean?

Loved reading all your creative user name creations.   I wasn't original at all.  Just signed and it's the first thing I thought of at the time....was probably watching a game when I signed in!!  Need to just spell mine out completely as no one can really get the abbreviation.

Thanks for the fun from reading this tonight.

Occasional Contributor

I am a HUGE NASCAR Fan!  Boogity Boogity Boogity lets go racing boys! (and Danica)

Trusted Contributor

That's great @Hoovermom - all the way around!

Raina is a real cutie. She looks like our brown tabby Bruiser. They have wonderful personalities and their little mouths give the appearance of smiling. :-)

Respected Contributor

When we were kids, my sibs concocted a story about an old woman named Alice Dee who lived under a bridge in front of our house.  Now if my sister is reading the forums...I'm "outed"  !!

Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:
@wilma
I am sorry for the loss of your fur baby.

@LTT1

Thank you for your kind words. I think about Wilma every day. She is only dog I ever had so this is my first time going through the loss of a pet. 

Esteemed Contributor

@wilma wrote:

@LTT1 wrote:
@wilma

@LTT1

Thank you for your kind words. I think about Wilma every day. She is only dog I ever had so this is my first time going through the loss of a pet. 

@wilma  I am sorry you are going through this for the first time.  I have to tell you though, I have gone through it 5 times and it doesn't get easier. 

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Trusted Contributor

Mine is a nickname that I use for our girl kitty.

I call her "Toppers," because she is the "tops," or the best "top cat." Smiley Wink

She's 18 this year, and she's still feisty, and pretty spry for her age. She still loves to play.

So, she has different little nicknames out of this nickname, such as "Toppy Choppy," or "Tip Top," or whatever else I can come up with to call her out of that. Smiley LOL Heart

Honored Contributor

beansie wrote:

dooBdoo wrote:

jeannebrd wrote:

.        I would like to change mine but haven't figured out how to do that. Help?

@jeannebrd

These are the steps:

1 -- In the shopping area of the website, go into "My Account."

2 -- Choose  "My Nickname" (it's under "Personal Information").

3 -- You'll see your current nickname and a box to enter a new one.

4 -- Enter another name you'd prefer to have.

5 -- Click "Continue."

6 -- If it accepts the change, then log out.  (You might get a message telling you the name has previously been used, so you'll need to try a different one.)

7 -- Then log back into the Community and the change will take effect.

(A nickname change won't take effect until you log out and then back in).

hth!

Thank you so much. I did it.😀

You're welcome, @Beansey!   Very cute nickname!

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@wilma wrote:

@LTT1 wrote:
@wilma

@LTT1

@wilma  I am sorry you are going through this for the first time.  I have to tell you though, I have gone through it 5 times and it doesn't get easier. 

@tends2dogs

Thank you for thinking about me. Today is the 4 week anniversary of her passing. My DH and I may adopt another dog from our local humane society in the future. I am sure we will love that dog too as you have loved all yours. 

Honored Contributor

Mine's straightforward-- I'm handy around the house!... Although my zeal has decreased somewhat over the years, lol.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~