Honored Contributor

Re: What do you think will happen next?

@noodleann, when I google "beaches crowded in England," the OPs picture shows up on the BBC and dated today.

So if it is not current, it's not her fault. And anyway, there are many other current pictures as well.

One day ago:

UK beaches crowded, WHO warns of cases 'upsurge': COVID-19 ...

Two days ago:

Thousands ignore social distancing to pack beaches in heatwave

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

@noodleann wrote:

It dates back to Easter weekend, 2019.

@noodleann,  the photo in the OP is current.

Huge crowds on England's south coast as people flock to beaches
•Jun 25, 2020

Thousands of people defied advice to stay away from beaches and flocked to the south coast of England as the country experiences a bout of exceptionally hot weather. The masses forced Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole council to declare a major incident as services were 'completely overstretched'

Video:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UULP1RR-9es

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Esteemed Contributor

I've vacationed along the coast in NC, SC, FL, GA, and AL, but I've never seen crowds like that.  Is that how the beaches are usually crowded in England, or is this a reaction from an unusually large amount of people flocking to the beaches after being quarantined?  Last year we went to Charleston, Hilton Head, and St. Augustine.  There were people out, but it was like we had our own section of beach.  Nowhere near that crowded!

Respected Contributor

@Marp wrote:

@noodleann wrote:

•Jun 25, 2020

Thousands of people defied advice to stay away from beaches and flocked to the south coast of England as the country experiences a bout of exceptionally hot weather. The masses forced Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole council to declare a major incident as services were 'completely overstretched'

If the OP's photo is current, why is the identical photo in an April 23, 2019 article?

Honored Contributor

I've never seen that many people ever at a beach either!

Virus or no virus, I wouldn't want to go there!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@noodleann wrote:

@Marp wrote:

@noodleann wrote:

•Jun 25, 2020

If the OP's photo is current, why is the identical photo in an April 23, 2019 article?

@noodleann, perhaps this will explain why two photos can look so similar.

Posted: Tuesday, April 23rd, 2019 at 1:37 pm

Hundreds of thousands of beach lovers flock to the seaside

After a holiday weekend that registered the UK’s hottest Easter Monday on record, Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole welcomed hundreds of thousands of visitors.

Temperatures reached up to 25°C as the area’s miles of sandy beaches drew visitors for seaside day trips and staycations.

Bournemouth recorded footfall figures of 564,000 across the town centre and beaches, rising to 640,000 when combined with nearby Poole.

The popularity of this stretch of coast – crowned by TripAdvisor as the UK’s best beach for a second consecutive year in their Travellers’ Choice Awards 2019 – is further proven in statistics from the destination’s seafront team, who hired out 2,047 deckchairs, 941 parasols and 784 sunbeds across the Easter weekend.

The team also took 149 day or weekend beach hut rentals across the bay and sun seekers tucked into 30,000 ice creams.

More:  https://www.mags4dorset.co.uk/hundreds-of-thousands-of-beach-lovers-flock-to-the-seaside/

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Esteemed Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

I've never seen that many people ever at a beach either!

Virus or no virus, I wouldn't want to go there!

I'm with you @on the bay. Let's skip that beach even when there's a vaccine and no threat of a virus at all.   

Honored Contributor

I hate being at any beach with that many people. How would you even know there was an oven out there with so many people in front of you?
Esteemed Contributor

OMG!!!! ... that’s all I can say is OMG!!!!

Respected Contributor

@Marp wrote:

@noodleann wrote:

@Marp wrote:

@noodleann wrote:

•Jun 25, 2020

@noodleann, perhaps this will explain why two photos can look so similar.

Posted: Tuesday, April 23rd, 2019 at 1:37 pm

Hundreds of thousands of beach lovers flock to the seaside

After a holiday weekend that registered the UK’s hottest Easter Monday on record, Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole welcomed hundreds of thousands of visitors.

Temperatures reached up to 25°C as the area’s miles of sandy beaches drew visitors for seaside day trips and staycations.

Bournemouth recorded footfall figures of 564,000 across the town centre and beaches, rising to 640,000 when combined with nearby Poole.

The popularity of this stretch of coast – crowned by TripAdvisor as the UK’s best beach for a second consecutive year in their Travellers’ Choice Awards 2019 – is further proven in statistics from the destination’s seafront team, who hired out 2,047 deckchairs, 941 parasols and 784 sunbeds across the Easter weekend.

The team also took 149 day or weekend beach hut rentals across the bay and sun seekers tucked into 30,000 ice creams.

More:  https://www.mags4dorset.co.uk/hundreds-of-thousands-of-beach-lovers-flock-to-the-seaside/

Not going to the link, just addressing the issue. These photos don't "look so similar," they're identical.

Photo posted by Mindy D representing current British beaches:

Mindy D Photo of current Brit beach.jpeg

Image in the April 23, 2019 Daily Echo article on the Bournemouth beach:

Image from April 23 2019 article on Bournemouth Beach.jpg

They are the same image