Esteemed Contributor

Re: What do you think of Anthony Bourdain?

The episode where he spoke about his own addictions and the opioid crisis was honest, raw, and very eloquent. His ability to relate to the human condition is rare today.

I am able to seperate someone's politics from the total package.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

He drinks a lot for someone with a prior addiction (s)... and has no issue killing the animals he eats with a certain culture... I don't want to watch/view/know that at all. He's not my style. I do like the different places he visits as they are quite beautiful. The people are so kind and gracious. He's not gentle enough for my liking. I view as little as possible once in a blue moon. Of course, it's a T.V. show so who really knows the truth.

___eta, I'm not interested at all in T.V. shows of any kind including this show. If I read something here and it's the buzz, I may look at something at about .01% of the time.

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JyllyVanilly wrote:

He drinks a lot for someone with a prior addiction (s)... and has no issue killing the animals he eats with a certain culture... I don't want to watch/view/know that at all. He's not my style. I do like the different places he visits as they are quite beautiful. The people are so kind and gracious. He's not gentle enough for my liking. I view as little as possible once in a blue moon. Of course, it's a T.V. show so who really knows the truth.

___eta, I'm not interested at all in T.V. shows of any kind including this show. If I read something here and it's the buzz, I may look at something at about .01% of the time.

FYI: Yeah, he does have an issue with killing animals, he's said so during one of the shows before.  A lot of people don't want to see animals killed but do eat meat, fish or foul.

He drinks for certain segments on the show, never at his home or away from the shows.  A lot of people have verified that.  I don't know how he does it, but I don't think he's lying.

Trusted Contributor

@hellodali wrote:

He definitely is far too arrogant for me.  He may know a lot about food but so do a lot of other people; however, he acts like he is the only authority in the culinary world. 

I hate when he puts down other chefs.  Why does he think he is so much better than them? 

I also hate when he criticizes vegans and vegetarians with such disdain.  Why can't he let people live the way they want.  It's not hurting him.  Everyone does not have to eat meat and fish.  In fact, I admire people who don't!

He doesn't seem to put up with B  S; however, he seems to think that everything is that unless he says or does it.  He is a total waste of time who tries to make himself relevant in a world that is passing him by.

@hellodali wrote:

I also hate when he criticizes vegans and vegetarians with such disdain.  Why can't he let people live the way they want.  It's not hurting him.  Everyone does not have to eat meat and fish.  In fact, I admire people who don't!

I am a vegetarian and never took it that way-he says it "tongue in cheek"-I don't think he's serious about that.
Respected Contributor

I think he is a bit of a jerk.....................................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Trusted Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

I love him. I love his writing and frankly, he's hot. 

Yes,   yes he is...Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

If I ever get stuck in an elevator, I hope it is with someone as interesting as he is

Honored Contributor

The last time I looked it was still a free country.

Esteemed Contributor

(shrugs)

I have the ability to block channels on my television, maybe some people don't have that ability.  You have to pity them because they're being forced to watch programs which they don't like....LOL

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SydneyH

Are you trying to get this line taken down with your comments about politics?

Or is it that it's ok for you to talk about politics, just not anyone else?