Respected Contributor

Re: What do you think of Anthony Bourdain?

[ Edited ]

How old is he ? I can't remember..must be in his 50's...

@Noel7  I agree he tells the truth too...

If I ate some of those dishes that look "ahem", shot down some of those drinks, one after another, I'd be sick as heck for a month. He throws those babies down one after another, lol...ufff 

The animal thing breaks me completely. I guess he's macho.

I'm surprised he never gets food poisoning.

[ How do I 'copy' a post to reply to it ?? Do I just copy/paste? ]

________

eta - I've been divorced so darn long and no romance at all, I guess if I ran into him, you never know..........beggars can't be choosers... U HOO Anthony, if you r reading this my phone number is 800 - just kidding....NOT.

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Respected Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@SydneyH

Are you trying to get this line taken down with your comments about politics?

Or is it that it's ok for you to talk about politics, just not anyone else?

Who are you talking to?  Are you on the right thread?

Getting back to Tony -- if I were stuck in an elevator with him I most likely would try to find something sharp to slit my wrists.  I'm sure he would not shut up for a second and it would probably be all about him and his travels and conquests --

Note to self:  Always carry something sharp in your bag in case you run into Tony.

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

He's arrogant, but I like him.  

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Esteemed Contributor

Anthony is 60 years old.

He doesn't sugar-coat things, and he tells it like it is.

Some people can handle that, some can't.

Yes, just like everybody else, he has his opinions on things, but just because he has a television program, doesn't mean that he can't give voice to them.

He has eaten things that the normal, typical  American would find "revolting", but there is more to this world than just burgers and fries.

It's nice to expand ones horizons, and to see what people in other cultures eat.

I like how not only does he show different foods, but he also explains other cultures along with it.

And it never hurts to see how people from other parts of the world live.

He is also a blue belt in Brazilian jiu jitsu.

Super Contributor

I think AB has gotten a divorce from Judo Girl so those single gals who think he's smokin hot, he's also fair game

Respected Contributor

Anthony Bourdain just seemed to pop up out of nowhere all of a sudden. I'm not a tv watcher, but I still see commercials about him. I'll have to look him up on wikipedia to see who he is.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Honored Contributor

@Maudelyn wrote:

I think his shows are very interesting and well presented.  Not sure why anyone feels he struggles to stay relevant.  He's quite relevant and his shows have been consistently renewed.

He's made his unfavorable opinion known about a person in the news and that is why I think there's some negativity toward him in certain circles.

As for needing a hot bath, well......I kinda like his vibe.

ITA 

I think he's very relevant.  He's arrogant, but for some reason...I think that's just him.    

lol

He is who he is, but I think he's informative and engaging with locals.  He doesn't act better than anyone he interacts with on his show.

Honored Contributor

@JyllyVanilly wrote:

How old is he ? I can't remember..must be in his 50's...

@Noel7  I agree he tells the truth too...

If I ate some of those dishes that look "ahem", shot down some of those drinks, one after another, I'd be sick as heck for a month. He throws those babies down one after another, lol...ufff 

The animal thing breaks me completely. I guess he's macho.

I'm surprised he never gets food poisoning.

[ How do I 'copy' a post to reply to it ?? Do I just copy/paste? ]

________

eta - I've been divorced so darn long and no romance at all, I guess if I ran into him, you never know..........beggars can't be choosers... U HOO Anthony, if you r reading this my phone number is 800 - just kidding....NOT.

@cbrite click the reply button at the bottom of the post you want to quote. Then click quote in the upper right corner of the reply box. Make sure your cursor is not inside the quote when you write your response otherwise it looks like the original poster wrote it, not you. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

I think he's now 60.