Honored Contributor

Re: What are you shopping for?

[ Edited ]

I’m toying with the idea of getting an electric car/SUV.

Just poking around at this point, but it’s on my radar.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Gutting our kitchen in the fall so just ordered all custom cabinets. Need to get on appliances, sink, counters as soon as the babies leave for school and I get my time back 

Honored Contributor

Back to school clothing for my youngest granddaughter, as well as a birthday gift for her.

I have been looking for new drapes for my living room for a few years. And now I could use a new area rug in there too.  Can't find drapes I like. I have been thinking about a new color theme since the rug will be different.

Honored Contributor

Puchased a queen size mattress, blinds for living room window, had driveway sealcoated, and some landscaping done. Will need to address replacing SUV next. 

Honored Contributor

We're doing some redecorating; a bedroom and a bathroom overhaul, and just carpet in another bedroom.  Most of the shopping has already been done - paint, carpeting, quilt set, furniture paint, lamps, vanity, sink, faucet, mirror, shower curtain.  The only things left to buy are the bedroom artwork, a window blind, bathroom floor tile, towel bar and tp holder 

Honored Contributor

ShopLc had it's summer clearance shows, two weeks of rock bottom prices and I shopped till I dropped.  I like to have suites of jewelry and I have been completing my jewelry suites.  Especially with bracelets which are usually so expensive that I don't even get them.   I'm waiting for my AAA tanzanite bracelet and my Sleeping Beauty bracelet to arrive.  

Honored Contributor

I desire some new things for my home - new kitchen counters and new windows, but can't get DH to agree with me. He admits we will soon need both but just not that we need them now.

Honored Contributor

We just purchased a new refrigerator.  It will arrive on Saturday.  Lot of work to do, to prepare.   I worry about what they will do with the old one.  It still works.   

It's been a good refrigerator for almost 18 years now and I'm not even totally convinced that it's the compressor going out (as the husband thinks).

I'm just glad they still make freezer-on-top refrigerators because I cannot stand the bottom freezer or the French door ones.   We have a French door one out in the garage and, although it's absolutely huge, there is so little space inside!  The freezer drawer on the bottom is awful and you might as well just be tossing stuff into a chest freezer without any dividers or drawers.

Anyhoo, looking forward to the new - I think - and will be glad when it's done.

Respected Contributor

I've been "sort of" looking for a new comforter for my master bedroom for a year or so...the old one (and it IS old!) is starting to come apart. I found one at Target just today! Comforter, 2 shams & bedskirt. I won't use the bedskirt, but it's still a good price. 

I've decided that I'm just going to use the 2 king size shams that come with the comforter as my "decorative" pillows. I currently put 6--yes SIX--pillows in shams on my bed, plus the 3 pillows we actually sleep on! I am over all those extra pillows that spend most of their time stacked on the floor. I'll go from 9 pillows to 5, and only the two will be decorative.

Honored Contributor

@RetRN, I never replace a vehicle until it has 100,000 miles on it. The next person can run it to 200,000 if they desire, but that's our limit.