Honored Contributor

Re: What about snowbirds returning home?

@Travone wrote:

Anyone coming to Ohio from another state has to self-quarantine for 14 days, 

@Travone And how would they enforce that?

Honored Contributor

@January121  Only first responderss & essential folks coming from & going to work.....

Ben Franklin (walkway is closed)

Betsey Ross

Tacony Palmyra

Walt Whitman

Delaware Memorial

Commadore Barry

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Carmie  My source of info is from the following.....

Local news

Comunity newspaper

National Guard 

N.J. Governor daily press conference who continues to remind us it is NOT "busines as usual."

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Troopers in Delaware can stop drivers with out-of-state tags during coronavirus pandemic

Friday, April 3, 2020 7:42PM

DOVER, Delaware (WPVI) -- A modification to Governor Carney's State of Emergency Declaration due to the coronavirus outbreak now gives troopers in Delaware the 

authority to pull over out-of-state drivers.

Delaware State Police say Carney's order "authorizes any Delaware law enforcement officer to stop a vehicle driving within the state simply because it is displaying out-of-state tags."

This authorization does not apply to vehicles traveling on I-95, I-295, or I-495.

During the stop, troopers may ask limited questions related to the driver's recent travel.

The driver will be advised that if they are coming into Delaware from out-of-state, they are required by law to self-quarantine for 14 days while in Delaware or immediately return to their home state, according to news release.

Troopers will be monitoring non-interstate roadways which have been identified as having a large volume of out of state travelers, authorities said.

There are limited exceptions that allow for out-of-state persons and vehicles to enter Delaware without being required to self-quarantine, including:

• Motorists may pass through Delaware en-route to other states.

• Motorists may leave their home state (PA, NJ, MD, etc.) to work for a Delaware designated essential business, to care for a family member in Delaware, or for healthcare reasons (pharmacy, going to vet, visiting PCP) in Delaware.

• Out-of-state employees who work for an essential business in Delaware but who could otherwise do their work from home should remain home.

Out-of-state visitors who fail to self-quarantine could face criminal charges, officials said.

copy/paste link---> 6abc.com/delaware-coronavirus-covid-19-state-police-out-of-license-plates/6072494/

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@January121  Only first responderss & essential folks coming from & going to work.....

Ben Franklin (walkway is closed)

Betsey Ross

Tacony Palmyra

Walt Whitman

Delaware Memorial

Commadore Barry

I know for a fact that the Delaware Memorial Bridge is not closed.  My husband drove over it yesterday.  He said they are not taking cash,  you must use EX pass or they will bill you.

Everyone is supposed to stay home and not go out unless you are essential, but there is no one who will stop and ask or try to prevent you from crossing.

I also looked it up. The same applies to all the other Bridges.  None of them are closed. I can find no information that states they are.  

Respected Contributor

BORDERS.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Carmie  You are taking my statement out of context.  Is your husband an essential worker????

The bridges are closed to non-essential folks.  As reported on the news & the article I posted, the state police are stopping all cars with out of state license plates.  If essential workers, they can continue.  If not, the police make them turn rigiht around to go back where they came from.

See the article I posted above along w/the link.

" but there is no one who will stop and ask or try to prevent you from crossing."

Not true!  The state police stops you on the Delaware side if the vehicles have out of state license plates.

Honored Contributor

the only thing i see about the bridges ( Benjamin Franklin, Betsy Ross, Walt Whitman, and Commodore Barry in particular) is that the TOLL lanes are closed and drivers are requested to use the EZ PASS lanes instead to avoid human contact. this was as of march 26th. the same for the delaware memorial bridge.

they specifically stated that they would not do stops along I95, I295, and I495.

The order authorizes any Delaware law enforcement officer to stop a vehicle displaying out-of-state tags traveling in the state except for on I-95, I-295, or I-495, police said.

https://www.delawareonline.com/story/news/2020/04/03/coronavirus-delaware-enforcing-restrictions-out...

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

What words in Shelter in Place are unclear. Snowbirds have a home where they are. STAY THERE!!!!!

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mz iMac   He was driving his personal vehicle with PA tags and no one stopped him. He crossed from the Delaware side into NJ and then back again later in the day.

D83BA476-9747-4F4B-B0A0-24820E896903.jpeg