Respected Contributor

I think it's great that so many people have answered you about your friend and her posts!  We were on FB for a minute but were too confused to make it work for us.  It is a wonderful way for people to communicate but not for everyone.  Best of luck Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

Why unfollow her. I would just unfriend her. Who wants friends that cannot abide by her wishes.

My sister wants my DH to friend her but she would post the most ridiculous stuff that I told DH not to friend her. She keeps asking me why? Too bad.

Honored Contributor

I had to unfriend a few friends and cousins because they just would not stop with the political and racial krap when O was running for president. As far as I know , that's all you can do - ask them to stop & if they don't , unfriend them.

Respected Contributor

Re: What Would You Do?

[ Edited ]

If you are friends with someone on face book it will automatically show you what they post. She is not directly posting the political post to you. She is simply posting them on her home page timeline and they are showing up on yours because you are her friend on face book.

Honored Contributor

Re: What Would You Do?

[ Edited ]

@Nancy Drew wrote:

She is not posting on your wall. She is posting on her wall and it comes up on your newsfeed. Newsfeed is what others are posting and you can see it. You are not associated with it in anyway unless you like or comment on it.  Like others have said you can unfollow her and still be her friend and not have to see it. Or you can unfriend her. 

What I do is: if it is mild and just a different view I unfollow. If it is over the top craziness I unfriend. I decided what I want on my experience. 

THIS! Only you post on your wall. As @Nancy Drew said you are reading your newsfeed which are posts from people YOU friended. Just unfollow her. I have done that with people I have friended and they post politicaland religious posts. They don't know I don't follow them anymore. Or you can unfriend her and she will know but you still will not see her posts. 

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

I had to unfriend a few friends and cousins because they just would not stop with the political and racial krap when O was running for president. As far as I know , that's all you can do - ask them to stop & if they don't , unfriend them.

This is Post #23.

Many of us have given the correct answer.

You don’t need to unfriend....just unfollow

Asking someone to stop posting is...ignorance at this point.

No wonder why people hate social media platforms.

They don’t understand.

Ignorance breeds contempt. 

Esteemed Contributor

@ciao_bella- many posters here have given you the correct solution.  Simply unfollow your friend. That way you can still be friends and you won't see her what she posts on her wall unless you go to her wall.  I don't follow many of my friends.  It's an easy remedy.

Respected Contributor

It's not that she's posting on your timeline but posting on her own timeline.  You're seeing all her posts because you're friends and you're following her.  Just unfollow her.  I've done that to a lot of my FB friends for various reasons.  

Frequent Contributor

For unwanted Policital Posts or any unwanted ,,if there are too many,,you can simply unfollow this person  or as a last choice ,,unfriend..I unfollowed a childhood friend as during the past elections,,he would post sometimes 20 times a day..etc,,so since his posts upset me,,I did not go onto facebook to be upset,,I unfollowed him..

Super Contributor

She may not be posting these things to you. When you friend someone, you see what others have posted on their page. You can go to the top of the offensive post where the three dots are, and click on the option ro see no more posts from that political entity.