Honored Contributor

Re: What Is Your Favorite Thing To Do In The Summertime ?

(thread title)

The same thing it is all the other months. Get to the ice rink and skate. Now after the virus restrictions, the rink once again is open so I can get back to my 3 days a week 2 hour sessions, it's even better.

What better why in the summer than to step into a cool ice rink. Lace up my skates/put my hoodie on over my thermal shirt/warm up my lower body, and let'er rip!  

Changing into my dry clothes feels just downright Grrrr-ate to me.

hckynut 🥅🏒

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Enjoying the fresh fruits and veggies that only come around in the

summer, along with the birds and animals who are out and about.

Messing around the water.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

Stay inside in the air-conditioning.  

Although I'm a nature lover, it won't be cool enough or dry enough for me until October.  Then I'll enjoy the outdoors again through April.

Valued Contributor

My favorite thing to do in the summer is to stay in my air-conditioned house, or go from my air-conditioned car into an air-conditioned store or air conditioned movie theater, or air-conditioned restaurant, and then go back home again to my air-conditioned house.
Valued Contributor

lBut I do love sitting by the ocean at sunset for hours just staring at the beautiful water
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Spurt  In fairness, I have to say, I liked summer a good bit more when the heat and humidity didn't bother me as much and when I was in my last condo where I had a nice shady patio to sit on, sip iced tea and read... That said, that was then and this is now and now I say BRING ON FALL...

@stevieb 

I understand what you are saying and yes surroundings and amenities make a difference....a pool makes a big difference and provides a nice refuge from the heat...

The only time I was a fan of summer was as a kid, my friends and I enjoyed the neighborhood community swimmng pool, we rode our bikes everywhere, when it got really hot we stayed inside our air conditioned homes and played board games---Monopoly, Clue, Parchesi or we went to the local air conditioned library or pharmacy with the ice cream fountain....As I got older I just started hating and dreading the heat and humidity more and more....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Read in my sunroom.

Respected Contributor

Sit inside under the a/c.  Live in Florida and not a beach person.  I have to take dogs out and water plants but that is about it.   I am miserable from June to November.  I love to be outside but impossible here with the heat and mosquitos. Unless you have a screened in pool the mosquites and gnats won't let you sit outside. I am stuck here and cannot get out of Florida and do not understand why this place is growing and people are moving here.  

Respected Contributor

i love to go to the beach.  we found a lovely little spot with plenty of shade that is close to bathrooms and rinse off shower!  yay. 

well, i went once in june of 2019 but then found myself in the ER with a ruptured bowel and that took care of the rest of 2019.   was just getting back to somewhat normal and then COVID hit in 2020 and beaches were all closed.

now this year, i have been diagnosed with cancer.  have not been feeling up to going anywhere at all, but my testing is all done and i go to my oncologist on Wednesday for my care plan, and some say that i should be prepared that the chemo may start just about immediately ... and so i am  thinking that maybe we can run over to the beach on monday for my one shot at a swim for 2021.  keep fingers crossed for me, k? 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

My favorite thing to do in the summer is to stay in my air conditioned house or air conditioned stores or movie theaters and count the days until summer is over....(Im NOT a fan of Summer! I HATE the heat, humidity, and the bugs!)  😎🌡️🥵

@Spurt   I'm 100% with you!!! Fall/winter are my favorite seasons. I go out at 7:30 and do my food shopping, errands, etc. and am home by noon....

@Shanus 

I worry that my neighbors must think I'm a vampire since Im out and about only in the very early morning hours, or after the sun goes down....🧛‍♀️ 😄

@Spurt   LOL.