Honored Contributor

What happened to the "normal" size TP roll..it's .Mega Rolls Now😯😯

I'm having friends stay this week and figured better buy some extra TP.  

Guess what they don't fit my TP holders!!  I was "perplexed"🤔.  I looked at the package & it said MEGA size.  

I'll just tell them my guest bathroom is gonna bring back nostalgic moments as the tp roll is sitting on the counter just like those days when we were kids & our parents always seemed to stop at the "worse gas station bathroom".  We will have some fun laughs 🤣

Although, I did go to 4 stores to find the standard rolls -- all brands were MEGA size🤷‍♀️

Of course, after a few trips to the bathroom the roll will be used and then it'll fit 🙃

Honored Contributor

Re: What happened to the "normal" size TP roll..it's .Mega Rolls Now😯😯

EXTENDERS are available on Amazon

• Teravan Extender for Extra Large Toilet Paper, Converts TP Holders to Fit Double Rolls and Triple Rolls, Extended Tabs Fit Most TP Fixtures, Easy to Use, Silver / Chrome, 1 Unit

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

@homedecor1   Boy, do they have to super size everything now?  I'm surprised that they haven't done the "select a size" route yet like they do for Bounty and other paper towels!  🚽🚻

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Honored Contributor

Some brands started Mega rolls before the pandemic, although it probably encouraged other companies to follow suit.  Besides the holder, I have a glass holder that holds 3 rolls so there's no running out at an awkward moment.  I have found that the Charmin Megas from Kroger are too big for my glass holder, but the Megas from Costco fit.  I hope they don't get any bigger.  I don't want to have to find another holder.  This wasn't even designed for that purpose, but it works perfectly and is a nice look.

Honored Contributor

I've noticed the rolls keep getting narrower. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@SloopJohnB wrote:

@homedecor1   Boy, do they have to super size everything now?  I'm surprised that they haven't done the "select a size" route yet like they do for Bounty and other paper towels!  🚽🚻

@SloopJohnB I like the select a size on paper towels.  I rarely ever use an entire sheet.

Respected Contributor

@Icegoddess  Yes, it does come in handy for paper towels for little jobs. 

Maybe, like Elaine on Seinfeld, someone might need to "spare a square" depending on their need at the moment.  LOL

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Honored Contributor

@Desertdi 

Hmmmm toilet paper holder extenders...who would have ever thought we'd need that, but, I'm going to Amazon right now to order.  Although, I don't think it'll work on my guest bath one as I have a newer style holder.

Thanks🙂🙂🙂

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1   @SloopJohnB    Toilet paper has always been "select a size". 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess 

My "extra" rolls are on a decorative paper towel holder alongside the toilet.  The "double" rolls would fit 3 now I can only stack 2.  (Extra in cabinet thou).

Just can't understand why they can't give us a choice not everything needs to be "super sized"🤷‍♀️