Honored Contributor

Re: What HASN'T Gone Up? $$$$$

Practically everything in my HEB grocery store cart here in South Texas has gone up EXCEPT for the following:

Campbell's Tomato Soup $1.19

Kleenex Ultra Soft Facial Tissue $1.89

Scott Toilet Tissue 12 ct $11.59 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

It seems time to start a "what hasn't gone up?" disussion.  We are sort of overwhelmed with what HAS gone up, so why not?

Right now I'm trying to think of something!  LOL!!!??? Woman Frustrated

@Sooner 

Thinking back to my childhood, I recall the grownups commenting about price increases.  It's a fact of life, so why is anyone ever surprised?

The only two things that come to mind that sometimes drop in price ....  real estate .... and stocks.  Anyone who has ever owned stocks has probably had that experience.  

Respected Contributor

Last week I had to do an errand in a neighborhood about 5 miles from my house. It was close by to one of my favorite Italian restaurants -- one which still makes its own meatballs from scratch. Hard to find today!

I planned a lunchtime visit for a meatball sandwich and was surprised that it was still only $8.50. When I opened my sandwich, there were only four 1/2 meatballs instead of four full meatballs.

Still delicious, but disappointing.

Respected Contributor

Prices for food items have gone up and the size of the package has gone down offering less amounts of the product.

The meat prices, when you can find good meat, is unaffordable.

Fruits are difficult find.

Shelve items are sparse.

For some it is a choice between food, prescriptions or heat.

Gas is going higher and higher and to have someone plow you out is becoming costly.

It is becoming more worrisome.

Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

It seems time to start a "what hasn't gone up?" disussion.  We are sort of overwhelmed with what HAS gone up, so why not?

Right now I'm trying to think of something!  LOL!!!??? Woman Frustrated

@Sooner 

Good news! What has not gone up for me? Ice skating 2 hour sessions. Since I started skating again 4 years ago at age 78?

At the rink where i skate this is on their sign: Skaters 75 years or older skating is free! 

I will say that there are very few of us.

There ya go. Same price for me.

hckynut 🏒

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

@chiclets wrote:

Prices for food items have gone up and the size of the package has gone down offering less amounts of the product.

The meat prices, when you can find good meat, is unaffordable.

Fruits are difficult find.

Shelve items are sparse.

For some it is a choice between food, prescriptions or heat.

Gas is going higher and higher and to have someone plow you out is becoming costly.

It is becoming more worrisome.

I guess it depends on what area of the country you live in. We don't have shortages of fruit or meat. One store near me doesn't have a full shelf of pasta, but other stores across the street have plenty of pasta.