Esteemed Contributor

My package is taking a trip!

My Barefoot Dreams TSV arrived here in NY at my local post office , which is two blocks from my house, on Friday.  We had a snowstorm on Saturday, and there was no mail delivery.  Imagine my surprise when I checked the tracking on Monday and saw my package had arrived at the Noblesville, Indiana post office at 10 AM!   QVC did send me an e-mail about the delay.  I should be annoyed, but it made me laugh.  My package was sitting two blocks from me and somehow ended up in Indiana.  Wonder how long it will take to get back to NY.

Valued Contributor

Re: My package is taking a trip!

I had the exact same thing happen to one of my packages. I live in Kentucky and I saw that it was delivered to my post office which was just about 15 minutes from my house.  I went back to check to see if it had an estimated delivery date posted and it had been re-routed to Georgia.  I thought this has to be a mistake.  I tracked it through QVC tracking and UPS tracking and it was sent to Georgia.  It took an additional 3 days to get back to my area post office where it started.  It was finally delivered after an additional day.  

Honored Contributor

@twinsister   I had something similar happen to me when a package was mailed from QVC in PA to California (I live in Illinois) so it waved as it passed by and then it finally got back to IL.  Strange.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Are you sure your package was delivered to and accepted by your post office?  It might imply it did, but it actually didn't. 

Happened to me the package was still sitting in a shipping facility 200 miles away, not the post office.  Tracking said it was delivered to my post office.  Is it clear what shipper delivered it to your post office?  

Where is your package coming from?  South Carolina, Bethlehem, PA, or California?  

Check your tracking number on Ship24.com to see if there is more information there.  Look at the bottom of the page.  All shippers involved in your delivery are listed there.  If it was shipped using UPS Mail Innovations?  Only UPS and USPS should be listed.  Is there a third party shipper?

I could also say it was put on the wrong truck, but why.  You said it had been delivered to your post office.  From there it would be put in your mail carrier's truck to be delivered.  Errors are made though.  

There were a few times when we were told there were so many packages some Post Offices couldn't take any more.  They were taken to other Postal facilities for processing.  Indiana is a bit far from New York, though.  

Without more information, I have no idea, just brainstorming possibilities.

Respected Contributor

Mine wasn't as bad. I had something shipped from the QVC warehouse 5 or 6 miles from my house in Pa, but it had to take a tour of NJ before being delivered.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Foxxee - I think you are right about my package not actually being delivered to my post office.  It started from PA with UPS Mail Innovations, went through NJ, upstate NY and then supposedly delivered to my local post office.  It did say package acceptance pending, but since it said it was delivered I thought it just hadn't been scanned into their system yet.  Thanks for mentioning that possibility.  As of right after midnight the latest tracking says arrived at post office, but no location.

I am going to check my tracking number on Ship24.com as you suggested.  I have never heard of that site, so thank you.

Edited to add:  I just tried to get my tracking number from my order to trace it on ship24 and I got a message saying there is an error.  Wonder where my package is now!!

Honored Contributor

One of my packages took a tour.  It arrived 4 days after it's estimated delivery date.  It was strangest thing.  It arrived at the USPS hand off, but instead of going to my post office, it went to another one (miles away near D.C.)  and sat there for 3 days.  Finally it started to move (yesterday) before finally arriving back at my post office and delivered. The reason I noticed the strange detour when I was following two other  QVC packages (they were all sent out together) Those  other packages arrived just fine.  I didn't call customer service, because I assumed I would eventually get it.  The package was moving (other than the 3 days it sat in that other post office) 

At the same time, I was following another package (Snapple Drink) from another company that I got through Amazon.  It started out OK.  Then it arrived in Brooklyn on January 12 and just sat there.  I called USPS to investigate.  They finally sent me an email today saying they can't find it.  It's lost!  I just called Amazon and they immediately refunded me.  But I really wanted that Snapple drink!  In fact, after I'm debating ordering it again.  But I don't want to tempt fate.

Respected Contributor

I drink non carbonated flavored water. Sometimes we can't always find it. So we ordered a case from Amazon last week. And we checked tracking it said delivered but we didn't have it. Were in Cranston ri. It was delivered to a house in Maine. Actually this happened last Year allso with a case of water. When my wife called Amazon and told them the guy was speechless for a little bit .he was shocked when he Hurd what happened. So when I read the title of your post.I just had to see what you're issue was.  So they are Redhill ing the water to use and the last time to. So when this happened this time. I'm kike.omg. I can't believe it happened again with the same item.

Honored Contributor

@twinsister wrote:

@Foxxee - I think you are right about my package not actually being delivered to my post office.  It started from PA with UPS Mail Innovations, went through NJ, upstate NY and then supposedly delivered to my local post office.  It did say package acceptance pending, but since it said it was delivered I thought it just hadn't been scanned into their system yet.  Thanks for mentioning that possibility.  As of right after midnight the latest tracking says arrived at post office, but no location.

I am going to check my tracking number on Ship24.com as you suggested.  I have never heard of that site, so thank you.

Edited to add:  I just tried to get my tracking number from my order to trace it on ship24 and I got a message saying there is an error.  Wonder where my package is now!!

@twinsister 

Did Ship24.com report an error in the tracking notifications or did the entire page say error so that you couldn't see any notifications at all?  If it's the latter, that's odd. I'd try that again.

Ship24.com tracks 1207 shipping companies including foreign countries.  Their tracking notifications are usually much more thorough than what we get from UPS and USPS.  

Respected Contributor

Our packages are taking" DeJoy Rides"