Esteemed Contributor

I use Chrome browser and Gmail. I also use many of the tools,Google Drive, and Google Photos. 

Valued Contributor

Re: What Email do you like?

[ Edited ]

I don't understand the issue about having to delete emails to get new ones either.  My husband has gmail and apparently doesn't like to delete.  I just looked and his inbox has 11,360 email in it!

Edited to add that my husband does not pay anything for the large number of emails he has.

Respected Contributor

From my perspective, of the two email accounts that I have, Gmail is definitely the most reliable.  I view maintaining my email accounts as being similar to daily "housekeeping" maintenance tasks in order to keep them running smoothly.  

Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've tried 'em all that you mention, and each has pros and cons. Personally, I'm not a fan of GMail. I may be in the minority with that opinion, but I find it cumbersome and not user friendly. The biggest negative, though, is that if you are forwarding emails to GMail from another account, they are not received in a timely manner. If you're collaborating on a time-sensitive project, the you likely cannot afford to wait 15-20 minutes to receive an email. I found this out the hard way.

And you're correct, GMail  does have a small storage limit; when you reach it, you are required to either delete emails or buy more storage space. You can work around this by forwarding important ones to yourself at another email address before deleting them from GMail. A pta though.

I've never run out of storage space on my Yahoo! account, which provides 1TB, and it's been in use longer than the GMail one. It has its quirks, but overall for me it's the best choice of free online services.

Outlook works too, but for me it's the most temperamental of the bunch. I use it for work, but not for personal ones.

There are also lessor known ones to check out too. An online search will find articles, etc. to peruse.

Best of luck finding the perfect fit!

Esteemed Contributor

@PinkyPetunia wrote:

I use hotmail (outlook) and Gmail.  I like them equally. 

I don't understand what the OP means about deleting emails in order to get new ones?  I have never experienced that.

@PinkyPetunia 

Her email box gets full, and cannot show any new emails, until she empties her mail box of older emails.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

I'm still using my original email address from back in the 1990s from Microsoft.  It's not free ... I pay about $10 a month.  Lots of storage.   I've had it since the dial-up days! and kept t when I moved to cable modem.

I use Outlook and switch browsers between Echo and Discover depending on what I'm doing.

I've used some of the free email (hotmail, yahoo, etc.) .... but only for specific uses where I didn't want to get a bunch of junk in my main email.

Honored Contributor

@judy0330 

Well, I don't feel bad about my 1840 emails now.  

Honored Contributor

@CherryHugs :

Worth giving another try to changing your Gmail settings, plus you can always Google-search your issue.  Great for finding multiple answers to problems. 

Respected Contributor

@CherryHugs 

I use yahoo and gmail.  I prefer gmail because for whatever reason, you have a LOT less spam, if any.  Yahoo I am constantly getting the filthy spam, you know, the "I'm lonely tonight" kind.  

I've never in all the years I've had gmail gotten even one e mail like that.   

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you, @CherryHugs .  8)

BTW, I use Google Chrome as my browser.

My avatar is a viral cat-celeb named "Atchoum" (who I follow, LOL).

Here's his bio and pic:

Photo

My life began like a normal Persian male kitten born on May 10, 2014 but things quickly changed. I was given as a gift to a veterinarian in Repentigny, Quebec, Canada where my mom, Nathalie works as a groomer. She took me home for a weekend and fell in love with me (no surprise there!). She asked the veterinarian if she could adopt me since I was so adorable. She agreed and I found my forever home with two humans, two children and three other cats.

Soon after being adopted it was discovered I have a very rare congenital condition called hypertrichosis (also known as werewolf syndrome). It's less scary than it sounds. It means I have a hormonal condition that causes fast and continual hair growth and the thickening of my claws. My claws were growing so large and fast, it was unsafe and I had to be declawed. I also have tiny teeth but that doesn't stop me from eating well.  I'm well cared for by a veterinarian who will monitor my health. Since I am the only cat known to have this condition, is unknown how it will progress. Life is good. I feel good and I believe we need to enjoy every day.

It's a good thing my mom is a groomer because my crazy long hairs on my face are thick like a dog. She doesn't over groom me, since she likes my mad scientist look!  She created my Facebook page as a bet with her daughter who thought we would never reach 100 likes!  We never thought I would become famous so quickly. Atchoum, Atchoum, Atchoum everywhere! Articles about me were published in many news outlets around the world.  

So what am I really like? I'm still a kitten so I'm funny like a clown and curious about everything! I'm crazy about the fridge ice machine and run to it every time it makes a sound. Ice cubes fascinate me and water. I love my family and they love me even when I wake everybody up in the morning by shaking the shower door. And you bet I'm scary smart. Every time I hear the intro to a documentary show (that sometimes features animals) on TV, I run to catch those animals. I also enjoy playing cat games on the iPad.