Respected Contributor

I have noticed that if I have something on easy pay, I do much less impulse shopping.  Generally, I do like to pay for a purchase in total though.   But having one item on easy pay does save me money.  Currently I have a $27 or so/month to pay off until August.

Wonder  if anyone else feels that way?

Honored Contributor

Re: What Easy Pay Means for Me

The only reason I use easy pay is that if I need to return something, I laid out less money for it. It's a convenience for me. If I decide to keep the item, I pay off the easy pays immediately.

Honored Contributor

@CLEM  Just the opposite for me.  My easy pay got out of control. I made more impulse purchases  such as telling myself that it was only $ 9.99 right now.... so why not?....I just tried to not think about the other 5 payments of $9.99....

About a year ago, I stopped all easy pay. If I buy something I pay in Full.  That way I look at the WHOLE AMOUNT.  It makes the purchase more honest. And I buy less. I feel good about giving up easypay.  

EASY PAY CAN BE A TRAP.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaidenI agree with you!  I used to purchase items on easy pay. It seems so easy and convenient. But for me, it only made me do more impulse buying. I'd say to myself: it's only $7.45 a month. True, but if you buy several items on easy pay those  "$7.45 per month"  payments add up if you're not careful.

Respected Contributor

I've never used the easy pay plan.  As someone else mentioned, I want to know the total amount.  Either I want to pay that amount, or I don't get the item.

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

The only reason I use easy pay is that if I need to return something, I laid out less money for it. It's a convenience for me. If I decide to keep the item, I pay off the easy pays immediately.

@Trinity11- This is the exact reason I do Easy Pay.  If I have to return, I don't care how long it takes for the credit to hit my account since the amount is small.

Honored Contributor

Why would you pay for something all at once when you can make time payments. As long as you have the money to pay the balance in full each month, no harm, no foul. Don't forget, you a building your credit rating when you pay something off. 

Honored Contributor

Nope...no easy pay for me.  I have to really love an item to buy it.  I want it paid off and if I felt I "needed" to use easy pay, I would not buy it.  I don't need to build credit nor do I want a bunch of bills lingering that have to be paid off each month.  Just my comfort level...no judgments about what is best for others.

Honored Contributor

No easy pay for me either. I only pay in full at time of purchase or don’t get it...period.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@spent2much wrote:

I've never used the easy pay plan.  As someone else mentioned, I want to know the total amount.  Either I want to pay that amount, or I don't get the item.

@spent2much- I agree.  I don't use easy pay at all as I'm not looking for ways to carry debt.  

It's a sales incentive, but it's one that falls flat for me.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?