Respected Contributor

Re: What Do You Store In Your Refrigerator Crispers

A simple guideline is

Whatever the grocery store stores in the refrigerator section(s) goes in a refrigerator.   If it's not "on ice" it doesn't go "on ice" unless it's opened/used and stored so it doesn't spoil.

Refrigerator crispers are just that, to keep your purchased vegetables crisp ie celery, lettuce

Onions/potatoes are best kept in a dark dry place.

QVC Customer Care

I have sticks of butter, cups of apple sauce, cream cheese, cheese, (sliced and shredded), veggies and breakfast meat (sausage).  

Melvin, Customer Care

Respected Contributor

Potatoes, onions and garlic should not be refrigerated unless they are cut and partially used.

I have about 50 bottles of different nail polish in my crisper.  Some are 10 years old and have not thickened up.  I have some AA batteries in there also.  Supposedly they last longer if you put them in the fridge.  Not sure about that one.

Honored Contributor

@sophiamarie wrote:

I, also, have a Whirlpool.   I think it's 25 sq. ft.???  Does that even sound right???  Anyway, I put fruits and veggies in the larger (upper) drawer and stuff to defrost in the lower drawer.  We also have an upright freezer in the laundry room, which is a big help.  I'll freeze bagels there and hubby will take one pkg. out and put it in the lower drawer until he wants to use them.  The freezer is a Frigidaire and I love it.  I wonder how I ever got along without it.

@Sophia Marie  How about 25 cu ft

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

Lettuce, Cucumbers, apples, carrots, celery,  broccoli and peppers.

Respected Contributor

Never store potatoes in the fridge..it causes the starch yo convert to sugar prematurely, and the will become  somewhat grainy...

Honored Contributor

meat  and eggs

Honored Contributor

Fruits and vegetables, except of course for fruits and vegetables that don't require refrigeration.

Honored Contributor

I also never put potatoes, onions or garlic in the refrigerator.

And I learned very young that the best way to ruin a nice tomato is to put it in the refrigerator.

Honored Contributor

I put my produce in one; tomatoe, lettuce, cukes etc.  I put fruit in the other one.