Honored Contributor

Re: What Are Your Pet Peeves

My pet peeves have changed since I retired. Things just don't bother me like they used to.  Here are some that drove me crazy at work.

Someone gets off the elevator and stands right in the doorway deciding which way to go while others are waiting to get off and are keeping the doors from shutting.  

Sentences like Where are you at?  Leave the "at" off!

Writing professional documents/emails like a text message.

Butting in on conversations because you were eavesdropping.

Not looking when entering the interstate. People think they have the right of way when it's their responsibility to merge into traffic. I still don't like this.

Stopping in the middle of a grocery aisle and ignoring the pile up behind them waiting to get by.

Abbreviating assistant as a$$.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

1.  "Phone Zombies"---They leave their shopping carts in the middle of aisles while they "talk about doing nothing" (their words) to family/friends....And at restaurants when they talk so LOUD everyone can here their conversation and you cant hear people talk at your own table....🙄

2.  Cashiers at the grocery store that are too busy talking to the baggers and ring up items WRONG (you really got to watch them to catch mistakes, for example: I got charged $42 for meat from the Deli glad I caught that before I got checked out)....

3.  People that don't pick up after their dogs....

4.  People that BLAST their music in their cars and its so loud you can feel the car vibrate while in traffic....and then when they BLAST their music driving in the neighborhood late at night!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@hckynutjohn wrote:

Adult humans that seem to have little to no common sense. 👎

hckynut  🇺🇸

@hckynutjohn 

👍

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I have a lot but right now I'm ticked off at people who join a closed Facebook group and then make trouble and destroy it.  I join to communicate,  share and enjoy women who share a particular interest and then the dumbos come.  I really like the Coastal Grandmother Aesthetic and I joined a Facebook group of like minded women.  It's about the aesthetic,, not about being a grandmother or living on the beach.  We talked the fashions, style, decorating, entertaining.  About a month a go, there was an influx of new members who take "Coastal Grandmother" liberally.  They slam the ground pictures of grandchildren, beaches, lakes.  Pretty much anything that pops into their heads but nothing about the CG lifestyle.  Some of the original members tried explaining our group and why it was formed and that was a mistake because the fighting began.  The moderator tried to calm things down by explaining why she started the group and what she meant by CG and how everyone is welcome to post but there is a theme to the group.  I don't think that will help but I'll hang in for a while.  This seems to happen when closed groups get too big.  I had this unfortunate experience with a home decor group that I left and a fashion group before that.  

Trusted Contributor

Hypocrisy

Trusted Contributor

I'm not a driver but I am a pedestrian and it drives me nuts when other walkers are staring at their phones or texting and blocking everyone else's way.  It is particularly sad, I think, to see people walking their dogs, focusing totally on their phones and ignoring their pets, who would probably love the attention.  How we ever manage to walk down the street before without phones?!

Esteemed Contributor

@Puppy Lips Your post made me laugh!   My mom was such a picture taker back in the day and her albums were so organized and every single photo was labeled! (date, person, location)   We have so many of her albums just in storage but I have been wanting to scan them all and put them on the computer.  My brother promised to do it but my mom has been gone for 10 years now and he's a total procrastinator Smiley Sad   

It is important though because DH's family has boxes of photos and no one knows who these people are!!  

Esteemed Contributor

As far as a pet peeve I agree with many here but I would have to go with someone who cuts you off and then drives below the speed limit.  Cut me off if you want but you better move your a$$!!!  LOL

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I have a lot but right now I'm ticked off at people who join a closed Facebook group and then make trouble and destroy it.  I join to communicate,  share and enjoy women who share a particular interest and then the dumbos come.  I really like the Coastal Grandmother Aesthetic and I joined a Facebook group of like minded women.  It's about the aesthetic,, not about being a grandmother or living on the beach.  We talked the fashions, style, decorating, entertaining.  About a month a go, there was an influx of new members who take "Coastal Grandmother" liberally.  They slam the ground pictures of grandchildren, beaches, lakes.  Pretty much anything that pops into their heads but nothing about the CG lifestyle.  Some of the original members tried explaining our group and why it was formed and that was a mistake because the fighting began.  The moderator tried to calm things down by explaining why she started the group and what she meant by CG and how everyone is welcome to post but there is a theme to the group.  I don't think that will help but I'll hang in for a while.  This seems to happen when closed groups get too big.  I had this unfortunate experience with a home decor group that I left and a fashion group before that.  

@chrystaltree 

One thing I can suggest that a friend did when he started his closed Facebook Group was a list of guidelines that members joining agreed to follow.  Here's an example:

Capture.PNG

Honored Contributor

One of my biggest pet peeves here are people who go off topic purposely