Esteemed Contributor

Re: What Are Your Pet Peeves

UNDATED AND UNMARKED PHOTOS.  Drives me nuts.

I just went through this frustration again two weeks ago when my DH and I were at his sister's house, looking at photos his parents left behind.

When were these taken?  Where is this?  Who is that person?

Seriously, how hard is it to jot some notes down on the back of photos?

Maybe others don't care about these details like I do.  Maybe I am the crazy one. I take the time to mark my photos so there is no doubt.

I can tell you that ALL the photos that I print are labeled on the back with photo safe labels - the date it was taken, who is in the photo, where it was taken, and the event (if applicable).  I kept using a film camera long after many switched to digital cameras or their phones.  All the photos I printed from negatives are labeled.  If I make multiple copies of the same photos, they are all labeled.  I labeled all the school and sport photos, photos from any source.

I may not have the cleanest house or be a great cook, but gosh darn it, my photos are labeled, LOL!

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

I have many but the one that irks me the most is stupidity.  

Trusted Contributor

@Jordan2  I am right there with you on the driving pet peeves. Pittsburgh drivers are notorious for not using turn signals. It makes me crazy. Or the person who pulls out in front of you and then goes 10 mph. Another pet peeve of mine is people who mis- pronounce words. A lot of that on the Q. And poor grammar. My husband calls me the grammar Police. LOL

Respected Contributor

@Jordan2   I have a few, but the one that comes to mind right now is a certain word that many many people mispronouce - and I can never figure out why - I think maybe they confuse how it's spelled?  anyway it drives me nuts!  The word is:  height.   Many people pronounce it as heigth.  UGH!!!!!!

My apologies to anyone here who pronouces it with a th at the end.

Honored Contributor

My pet peeves have always centered around a certain innate carelessness or heedlessness on my part, such as when I :

1)  Neglect to get a needed chore done because I've found something more "interesting" to do.

2) Absent-mindedly don't recognize someone that I know when I'm out and about, and run the risk of having them feel snubbed.

Trusted Contributor

When I am at a family gathering and everyone is on their ---- phones.  
Then there is one family member that is constantly taking videos.  It drives me crazy.  I feel like I am in a documentary.  

My other pet peeve is when I am at the grocery store and have 3 items to check out.  Of course, only 2 lanes are open...You can be sure that the person in front of me is doing their shopping for the month with a cart filled to the brim.  It doesn't seem to occur to them to let me go ahead.  

Respected Contributor

Yes @deepwaterdotter  I agree   That would include dogs who live chained to boxes.  I just absolutely hate that.  Why would they even have a dog if they don't want it to be a pet.  I'm sure the animal gets awful lonely.  Every time I see that it breaks my heart.

Honored Contributor

@spiderw wrote:

I have many but the one that irks me the most is stupidity.  

Yours or theirs?

Honored Contributor

My pet peeves usually bother other people if I bring them up so instead of dwelling on them I'll try to let them go.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

We tend to find most annoying in others - that which we most dislike and disown about ourselves. I hate it most when other people take themselves too seriously.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr