Respected Contributor

Re: What Are You Reading --- March 2014

I'm starting Never Knowing by Chevy Stevens. This is a book someone on here said was $1.30 for the hardback at Amazon a few years back. I'm just getting around to reading it now.

Formerly lainey since Shop Talk days. Had to change nickname due to new Forum
Contributor

On 3/24/2014 SAgal said:
On 3/23/2014 skyblue said: I really enjoyed TWO RIVERS by T. Greenwood. I'm likely to investigate other books by this author.

I read GRACE by T. Greenwood and really loved it - it was absolutely heartbreaking in places but overall a really great read.

I have read all her books including her new one and I have to say I liked GRACE the best . Until what happened at Sandy Hook.

She has grown so much as a writer in the past years I have been reading her books.

Contributor

On 3/17/2014 PuppyBreath said:

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup} - YELLOW CROCUS by Laila Ibrahim. Thank you to whoever rec'd this wonderful book. I could not put it down. Only thing wrong with it was that I wished it had been at least twice as long. Things happened right up to the end - wonderfully tying it all together. This was the author's first novel, and I sure hope she writes another. Enjoy!!

I'm reading this now . But have had to stop a few times due to issues with my ill Mother.

Contributor

On 3/19/2014 stevie72 said:

Just finished Made in the U.S.A by Billie Letts. I had The Snow Child on reserve at the Library and was 57 in the queue. Finally came in yesterday and can't wait to start reading it.

I loved Made in the USA not only because I live in Vegas and so many of the streets and places were real , but I have adored all Billie Letts books for years. Wish she would write a new one soon.

Respected Contributor

Finished Cleo Coyle's Billionaire Blend. It was just an ok book in an ok series.

Onto Meg Waite Clayton's The Wednesday Daughters which is a sequel to The Wednesday Sisters which I read yrs ago.

Respected Contributor

I am just about done with Whistling Past the Graveyard. I loved this book and don't want it to end. I will miss the two main characters. You can't help but love them. Still not quite sure how it will end yet. Thanks to whoever recommended it. I just love the reviews on this board. This book is one of my favorites so far this year.

Honored Contributor

Me, too, luvpoos. And I never would have found it if it hadn't been posted here.

Trusted Contributor

I read Larceny and Old Lace by Tamar Myers which is a mystery from the Den of Antiquity series. I also read The Returned by Jason Mott which is the book on which the new TV show Resurrection is based. It has an interesting premise which provides food for thought.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
Super Contributor

Reading an oldie that I've had around for awhile; Caleb's Crossing by Geraldine Brooks. 1600's New England/Martha's Vineyard.

Got the audio version from the library but it was going to slowly so I switched to reading it myself. Am toggling back and forth: listening in the car and then reading at night. I'm happy I had the audio version because it has made some of the Native American names and places easier to then read myself.

Trusted Contributor

I recommend Blossom Street Brides by Debbie Macomber. It is her newest book that came out on Tuesday. It is a classic Macomber novel with on-going characters from the Blossom Street series, several story lines, and good, old fashioned romance. One thing I especially like about her books is that she writes about realistic romantic adult relationships. I was a little disappointed in a couple of story lines that did not get to a conclusion that satisfied me, but they will probably just be continued in the next installment.