Reply
Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,001
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: What Are You Reading --- March 2014

I finished Never Knowing by Chevy Stevens, it was a quick read. It's about a woman who was adopted and finds out who her biological parents are. I don't want to give away any details, but her biological father is not someone you'd want to be related to!

Now I'm starting Retribution by Jilliane Hoffman. This book has been sitting on my bookshelf for a few years so figured it was time to read it.


Formerly lainey since Shop Talk days. Had to change nickname due to new Forum
Honored Contributor
Posts: 16,681
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: What Are You Reading --- March 2014

On 3/29/2014 luvpoos said:
On 3/28/2014 skyblue said:
On 3/28/2014 Yahooey said:
On 3/26/2014 luvpoos said:

I am just about done with Whistling Past the Graveyard. I loved this book and don't want it to end. I will miss the two main characters. You can't help but love them. Still not quite sure how it will end yet. Thanks to whoever recommended it. I just love the reviews on this board. This book is one of my favorites so far this year.

my favorite book of 2013 - thanks to whomever recommended it also

I am so glad to hear it! WHISTLING AST THE GRAVEYARD was one I really enjoyed, too! I also liked THE BOOK THIEF!

I started The Book Thief last night. I think I am going to love this one also.

I decided to see the movie instead.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,181
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: What Are You Reading --- March 2014

On 3/30/2014 Judaline said:
On 3/29/2014 luvpoos said:
On 3/28/2014 skyblue said:
On 3/28/2014 Yahooey said:
On 3/26/2014 luvpoos said:

I am just about done with Whistling Past the Graveyard. I loved this book and don't want it to end. I will miss the two main characters. You can't help but love them. Still not quite sure how it will end yet. Thanks to whoever recommended it. I just love the reviews on this board. This book is one of my favorites so far this year.

my favorite book of 2013 - thanks to whomever recommended it also

I am so glad to hear it! WHISTLING AST THE GRAVEYARD was one I really enjoyed, too! I also liked THE BOOK THIEF!

I started The Book Thief last night. I think I am going to love this one also.

I decided to see the movie instead.

If your library has it The Book Thief is a wonderful audio book to listen to.

Super Contributor
Posts: 514
Registered: ‎03-13-2012

Re: What Are You Reading --- March 2014

I just finished YELLOW CROCUS and LOVED IT! Thank you to whomever recommended it! A winner!

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,471
Registered: ‎03-14-2010

Re: What Are You Reading --- March 2014

On 3/30/2014 SAgal said:

I just finished YELLOW CROCUS and LOVED IT! Thank you to whomever recommended it! A winner!

I also just finished YELLOW CROCUS and enjoyed it as well. I am now reading WHERE'D YOU GO, BERNADETTE? I think I'm going to like this one, too!
Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,102
Registered: ‎07-09-2010

Re: What Are You Reading --- March 2014

On 3/30/2014 Judaline said:
On 3/29/2014 luvpoos said:
On 3/28/2014 skyblue said:
On 3/28/2014 Yahooey said:
On 3/26/2014 luvpoos said:

I am just about done with Whistling Past the Graveyard. I loved this book and don't want it to end. I will miss the two main characters. You can't help but love them. Still not quite sure how it will end yet. Thanks to whoever recommended it. I just love the reviews on this board. This book is one of my favorites so far this year.

my favorite book of 2013 - thanks to whomever recommended it also

I am so glad to hear it! WHISTLING AST THE GRAVEYARD was one I really enjoyed, too! I also liked THE BOOK THIEF!

I started The Book Thief last night. I think I am going to love this one also.

I decided to see the movie instead.

Ater I read the book The Book Thief - I've decided to pass on the movie - couldn't go through the agony again

Regular Contributor
Posts: 177
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: What Are You Reading --- March 2014

Finished reading The Snow Child and really loved it -- was beautifully written and kind of magical!

Valued Contributor
Posts: 837
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: What Are You Reading --- March 2014

On 3/31/2014 stevie72 said:

Finished reading The Snow Child and really loved it -- was beautifully written and kind of magical!

I usually would pass on a book like this, but for some reason was ready to give it a chance and am so glad I did! For the longest time it was only on Kindle and finally it came to print and this is without a doubt, one of my favorite books of all times. For those of you who have not read it, please give it a try--you don't forget a book like this!

Regular Contributor
Posts: 177
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: What Are You Reading --- March 2014

On 4/1/2014 RINGER said:
On 3/31/2014 stevie72 said:

Finished reading The Snow Child and really loved it -- was beautifully written and kind of magical!

I usually would pass on a book like this, but for some reason was ready to give it a chance and am so glad I did! For the longest time it was only on Kindle and finally it came to print and this is without a doubt, one of my favorite books of all times. For those of you who have not read it, please give it a try--you don't forget a book like this.

I didn't realize it was only on Kindle for a while -- so glad my DD told me about it and I know that at some point, I will want to reread it.

Frequent Contributor
Posts: 116
Registered: ‎01-01-2014

Re: What Are You Reading --- March 2014

On 3/5/2014 PinkSugar said:

12 Years A Slave. Don't know if I'll finish it or not, I just can't get into it. Maybe I'll just rent the movie.

IMHO do not waste time nor money on the movie. I thought it was terrible. Why all the top awards baffles me. I reviewed it on Amazon and got flak from many. I cannot understand why others feel the need to insult one for liking/disliking a book or movie. I kept waiting for the galling violence which was so sanitized ( I did not watch for violence just expected it due to all the hype) that it had little impact. And, if the actress who won best supporting Oscar ends up in Wendy's commercials she will count herself lucky. Very boring take on her role. In fact, the whole movie was boring. ROOTS stands the test of time next to this joke.Part