Honored Contributor

Re: What Are You Paying for Gas?

I filled up this morning and enough points earned to get mine down to $3.33 per gallon.  Still the total bill was too high compared to a few months ago.  I hope this is not the new norm.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

Still in the $5.60 range in central California.
Respected Contributor

@Xivambala wrote:

I think this particular station is in Margate in a shopping center with a Walmart I frequent. I often wonder how the pricing works. I assume the station charges based on what they paid with their last re-fill in their tanks. On the other hand, how to know their old gas price vs the new price. Can't separate the gas in the underground tanks. Tricky business! There is another Cumberland Farms, I just can't remember where now. They usually have the lowest prices. I do know I was in Fort Lauderdale to see one of my doctors yesterday, and I passed a station that was very high...over $4. I looked because I needed gas but moved on.

@Xivambala   I know there is a fairly new Cumberland Farms on Atlantic Blvd just east of 441.  I notice the Mobil I use went down a dime today from yesterday... $3.85 now.

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Valued Contributor

@SloopJohnB wrote:

@Xivambala wrote:

I think this particular station is in Margate in a shopping center with a Walmart I frequent. I often wonder how the pricing works. I assume the station charges based on what they paid with their last re-fill in their tanks. On the other hand, how to know their old gas price vs the new price. Can't separate the gas in the underground tanks. Tricky business! There is another Cumberland Farms, I just can't remember where now. They usually have the lowest prices. I do know I was in Fort Lauderdale to see one of my doctors yesterday, and I passed a station that was very high...over $4. I looked because I needed gas but moved on.

@Xivambala   I know there is a fairly new Cumberland Farms on Atlantic Blvd just east of 441.  I notice the Mobil I use went down a dime today from yesterday... $3.85 now.

@SloopJohnB  Yep, that's the one I was talking about!

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Xivambala @SloopJohnB 

Filled up on Sheridan in Hollywood, Fl for $3.84. 
But, in Weston, $3.95.

My husband drove to Miami today and saw many stations under $3.75.

No public transportation so we have no choice.  At least I am not longer driving 75 miles each way to teach.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

My part of Maryland, we broke through to $3.99. Smiley Happy

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

$3.79.

Regular Contributor

@qvcaddition wrote:

In some places here in Cal. down to 5.89 reg.  Costco was 5.35 last week when I went to get a few dollars worth. I cannot fill up. Fifty dollars gave me 3/4 tank, but I already had 1/4 tank.

Gov. Newsum promises to give a tax rebate of 400.00 to all reg. car owners.

Gas price went down from 6.39 to 6.29. Paid 54 dollars to fill a little over half a tank.

49387653-D49F-4FA3-80BB-390365B423C3.jpeg

Honored Contributor

I've got a short commute to work so I don't buy gas very often. It was way over $4 last time I got some. It is down to $3.78 here in central Florida now.

Sadly, the price isn't lower because of any actions taken to improve things; it is lower because that is what happens when you are in a recession. We haven't seen anything yet. Things will get worse like we can't even imagine.

Trusted Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

I've got a short commute to work so I don't buy gas very often. It was way over $4 last time I got some. It is down to $3.78 here in central Florida now.

Sadly, the price isn't lower because of any actions taken to improve things; it is lower because that is what happens when you are in a recession. We haven't seen anything yet. Things will get worse like we can't even imagine.

Spoiler

😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😂😂😂😂😂😂😂