Esteemed Contributor

Saturday & Sunday Can't Come Soon Enough.

It is to be 55 overnight  Sat. and Sun.  Finally!  Tonight will be a toasty 75.

I just took fresh cold water outside for the stray cats. I was out for a whopping 5 minutes. I was sweating and my glasses fogged up.  It is like breathing water.

Storms tomorrow with heavy downpours.  Weirdly, I have leaves on my lawn from the butternut tree. It is the last tree to get leaves in the spring and starts to lose them at the end of July. The lawn looks fall-ish but you go out and it is hotter than blue blazes.

Anyone else expecting storms?

Honored Contributor

Re: Saturday & Sunday Can't Come Soon Enough.

We're through with rain for now in Wisconsin.  A very comfortable 71 degrees right now.  I'm glad for the more seasonable temperatures.

Honored Contributor

Raining right now in Amarillo, Tx will wonders never cease !

summer morning 2.gif

Respected Contributor

I'm ready for the cool down this weekend, also. It's about 94 here right now.

Honored Contributor

We had a couple hours of thunder and lightening last night and some rain.  It was a cool refreshing 65° this morning when I went out.  We're in the middle of our monsoon season that won't end until the end of September.  High weeds everywhere you look but at least they're green.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@SharkE    LOL, Amarillo, Texas never looked like that when I was there.  That rain must be miraculous indeed!

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Dog days in WV have been WET; 3 straight weeks of rain which is coming to an end on the 11th.  We are expecting heavy showers on the 10th, before we start drying out.

The WV state fair starts on the 11th, and it is rare for us to be completely dry all 10 days of the fair.  

Everything around me is lush and green right now. We had 3" of rain last week alone.

Valued Contributor

It is 102 in Dallas/Fort Worth. We have had 40+ days of over 100 degrees.  My geraniums are cooked. 

Honored Contributor

We had some rain in New Jersey this afternoon, but, it's still 92 degrees now. We have one more day of heat then several days in the 80's. Looking forward to the cooler weather!

Respected Contributor

We have gone through unrelenting heat. It rained (briefly) once the last two weeks. The humidity is suffocating.

We are expecting a bit of relief in the form of mid-80's for two days late this week. Some relief but not enough. I think this is the hottest summer we've had in decades.

Hope everyone is managing to keep cool and safe.