Respected Contributor

Re: Went Out To Eat Yesterday...

@Bri369  JMHO, I think @hckynutjohn was just trying to be helpful. I enjoyed reading the edited version. It was a lovely outing to share and much easier to enjoy with paragraphs. 

Trusted Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

@hckynutjohn wrote:

@ScrapHappy wrote:

We don't eat out often.  Found a place, nothing fancy, but was advertised as a place and food from where we were both born and raised, NJ.  I live in the Southeast now, been out of NJ for over 20 years.  We had to check it out.  Like I said, it wasn't fancy and it wasn't a large place.  It's a Mom and Pop restaurant that you'd find on the corner of a neighborhood.  Steady stream of people coming in. 

The food was delicious, they make their own mozzarella.  Husband went down a hallway and there were 100's of pictures of the owner with celebrities, and some presidents like Bill Clinton and Gerald Ford.  He's a chef and was the chef for Frank Sinatra.  I think the pics were from the restaurant in Las Vegas.  One of the young men starting talking to my husband and said "Have you met Johnny?"  Then, Johnny came out to our table.  Stayed with us for a while and was so nice and personable. 

Asked me if I was going to have dessert, I said yes, the cheesecake of course.  Then he comes out with a cheesecake on the house.  Though it was so good, my husband got one too.  He seems to know many of the folks eating there and if not, he'd go out and introduce himself.  It was just a nice day and good experience.  Like I said, we don't eat out often and even though this place is over 40 minutes away, even longer because traffic is always so bad, we'll be back.  

Why do you find it necessary to edit someone else's post to make paragraphs.  I think that's very rude.  If you have trouble reading her post, skip it.   How would you like someone editing your long-winded posts?

Paragraph breaks make a post easier to read, but if you don't care for his edited post, take your own advice and "skip it."

Honored Contributor

We have a favorite local restaurant like that ... pictures and all.  Family owned for years.  I like their carrot cake and always leave with a piece.  It's HUGE.

Honored Contributor

I find it rude for john ,to correct her post.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

@ScrapHappy 

Did they have Taylor Ham and hard rolls? Guess where I'm from!  

He did in the beginning.  Said most people did not know what it is and took it off the menu.  

Respected Contributor

Hoboken Cafe on Whitlock.  Marietta GA.

Respected Contributor

@SloopJohnB wrote:

@ScrapHappy wrote:

We don't eat out often.  Found a place, nothing fancy, but was advertised as a place and food from where we were both born and raised, NJ.  I live in the Southeast now, been out of NJ for over 20 years.  We had to check it out.  Like I said, it wasn't fancy and it wasn't a large place.  It's a Mom and Pop restaurant that you'd find on the corner of a neighborhood.  Steady stream of people coming in.  The food was delicious, they make their own mozzarella.  Husband went down a hallway and there were 100's of pictures of the owner with celebrities, and some presidents like Bill Clinton and Gerald Ford.  He's a chef and was the chef for Frank Sinatra.  I think the pics were from the restaurant in Las Vegas.  One of the young men starting talking to my husband and said "Have you met Johnny?"  Then, Johnny came out to our table.  Stayed with us for a while and was so nice and personable.  Asked me if I was going to have dessert, I said yes, the cheesecake of course.  Then he comes out with a cheesecake on the house.  Though it was so good, my husband got one too.  He seems to know many of the folks eating there and if not, he'd go out and introduce himself.  It was just a nice day and good experience.  Like I said, we don't eat out often and even though this place is over 40 minutes away, even longer because traffic is always so bad, we'll be back.  

@ScrapHappy   That place sounds wonderful!  Can you share what city/state this is in and or the name?

Hoboken Cafe on Whitlock.  Marietta GA.

Esteemed Contributor

Paragraph breaks are always highly appreciated by me.

I have no concerns about how they were provided.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hckynutjohn wrote:

@ScrapHappy wrote:

We don't eat out often.  Found a place, nothing fancy, but was advertised as a place and food from where we were both born and raised, NJ.  I live in the Southeast now, been out of NJ for over 20 years.  We had to check it out.  Like I said, it wasn't fancy and it wasn't a large place.  It's a Mom and Pop restaurant that you'd find on the corner of a neighborhood.  Steady stream of people coming in.The food was delicious, they make their own mozzarella.  Husband went down a hallway and there were 100's of pictures of the owner with celebrities, and some presidents like Bill Clinton and Gerald Ford.  He's a chef and was the chef for Frank Sinatra.  I think the pics were from the restaurant in Las Vegas.  One of the young men starting talking to my husband and said "Have you met Johnny?"  Then, Johnny came out to our table.  Stayed with us for a while and was so nice and personable.Asked me if I was going to have dessert, I said yes, the cheesecake of course.  Then he comes out with a cheesecake on the house.  Though it was so good, my husband got one too.  He seems to know many of the folks eating there and if not, he'd go out and introduce himself.  It was just a nice day and good experience.  Like I said, we don't eat out often and even though this place is over 40 minutes away, even longer because traffic is always so bad, we'll be back.  

@ScrapHappy 

I had originally planned to add a post along with this, but things came up shortly after I made it easier for me to read it. But now since it is many hours later, and the reaction by others. I will put this back to how it was originally posted by @ScrapHappy.

I underestimated how others would react to altering a thread to make it easier for me to read it. In the future I will do as another poster suggested, and will bypass that thread altogether. I did go back and edit my earlier empty text post.

hckynut  🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hckynutjohn wrote:

@hckynutjohn wrote:

@ScrapHappy wrote:

We don't eat out often.  Found a place, nothing fancy, but was advertised as a place and food from where we were both born and raised, NJ.  I live in the Southeast now, been out of NJ for over 20 years.  We had to check it out.  Like I said, it wasn't fancy and it wasn't a large place.  It's a Mom and Pop restaurant that you'd find on the corner of a neighborhood.  Steady stream of people coming in.The food was delicious, they make their own mozzarella.  Husband went down a hallway and there were 100's of pictures of the owner with celebrities, and some presidents like Bill Clinton and Gerald Ford.  He's a chef and was the chef for Frank Sinatra.  I think the pics were from the restaurant in Las Vegas.  One of the young men starting talking to my husband and said "Have you met Johnny?"  Then, Johnny came out to our table.  Stayed with us for a while and was so nice and personable.Asked me if I was going to have dessert, I said yes, the cheesecake of course.  Then he comes out with a cheesecake on the house.  Though it was so good, my husband got one too.  He seems to know many of the folks eating there and if not, he'd go out and introduce himself.  It was just a nice day and good experience.  Like I said, we don't eat out often and even though this place is over 40 minutes away, even longer because traffic is always so bad, we'll be back.  

@ScrapHappy 

I had originally planned to add a post along with this, but things came up shortly after I made it easier for me to read it. But now since it is many hours later, and the reaction by others. I will put this back to how it was originally posted by @ScrapHappy.

I underestimated how others would react to altering a thread to make it easier for me to read it. In the future I will do as another poster suggested, and will bypass that thread altogether. I did go back and edit my earlier empty text post.

hckynut  🇺🇸

@hckynutjohn   Thanks, John, I think you did the right thing in this post. Have a good day!