Honored Contributor

We've had a lot of discussion about inappropriate reviews but I've never seen any like those on item #K378614.  There are over 30 reviews done during something called a "product sampling review" which sounds suspiciously like something arranged by the manufacturer.  For a while Amazon was loaded with reviews for which people were paid or received the merchandise free; this sounds like something similar and not quite legit.  These reviews are dated over 2 years ago; this is a new product at QVC.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: Weird Reviews

[ Edited ]

It's been a known fact that many reviews are not from folks that have purchased the merchandise.  They all do that....to make more sales.  And that's just not right.  

Heck, I've written some reviews, and they never show up.  So, I don't do it any more.

Edited to say:  Not all reviews I have answered are from the Q.....I do purchase else where......

Honored Contributor

I write reviews - after receiving the product - to help others decide.  Fortunately, all my reviews were posted.  I also read reviews prior to a purchase instead of relying on the overall star rating.  Since anyone can write a review these days, the star rating is no longer an accurate. 

Respected Contributor

I don’t trust the reviews that I see are part of a promotion.  I hope the Q doesn’t start posting these reviews on a regular basis. 

Honored Contributor

i have no problems seeing reviews from people who have received the item for free OR had the chance to sample the item as part of a study as long as it is clearly noted, which they are.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

I would also be suspicious of those reviews. Its obvious they were paid to try the product so who know how truthful the review actually is.

Valued Contributor

@Kachina624, October 2017 I bought a washable cashmere sweater for $65 at Amazon from their Amazon Essentials clothing line.  I received it, was happy with it and wrote a review (as I right a ton of reviews on Amazon).  I'm that gal who actually gets down to the nitty gritty. In this case I mentioned I had bought navy and said it was a true navy.  Said what size I bought and what size clothing I normally wear and why I sized up in this particular sweater.  I waited to write the review until I had washed it so I could give details about how well it did wash, how I washed and dried it and how nice it felt and looked after washing it.  So I post my review, I'm the 14th person who had done so, and then I noticed that the previous 13 reviewers had all received the item for FREE as part of Vine Customer Reviews.  And the best part is some of the reviews were short an sweet: "My wife liked it, nice sweater."  Wow, that's a review?  Make a little effort folks - especially when getting it for FREE!

I was fit to be tied, wrote to Jeff Bezos and within an hour I received an email from one of his staff members stating that yes they could understand why someone would be miffed and they would make more of an effort to not post every single Freebie at once.  Well, frankly it was a non-starter of an answer.  So I fixed Amazon's wagon!  I went and deleted every single review I ever posted, didn't re-up Prime and have purchased very little since.  I know I was being silly and okay, immature, but it sure made me feel better.  The only thing I continue to buy are Kindle books and may take the plunge and buy the new Waterproof Paperwhite Kindle released yesterday.  Just waiting for the reviews to roll in - lol!  Yes, the irony of it!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

The one review I see a lot is...............I didnt like it.

Huh?  Why not?  Geesh!

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624@Well isn’t that interesting...thanks for pointing it out.I will be careful how I read reviews,

Honored Contributor

Re: Weird Reviews

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624

I wouldnt trust any of these reviews with this wording [This review was collected as part of a promotion.]  And I dont think these reviews should be allowed at all!!! These people could be paid like the ones Amazon got in trouble for, OR they could have been from the manufacturers website and only picked the good reviews and copied them and posted them on the Q's website!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”