Trusted Contributor

Re: Weird Message when you sign in

Bad cookies.  Clear browser.  It has not done it since I di that yesterday.  

Honored Contributor

Yes, there are now multiple threads about this.  I also get an error message, when I try to "heart" someone's post.  This started at the same time as the "Request entity" error message.

And we shouldn't have to delete our browsing history and cookies every single time we want to access the QVC website.  For me, the only website this is happening on is QVC.

Trusted Contributor

I got this message, too, but it still signed me in.  Go figure!  Another anomaly with Q’s computer!  Annoying that it happens so frequently!

Honored Contributor

This appears to have been going on now for some time and once again QVC's resolution of the glitch is taking longer than it should.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

They have the worst IT dept.  Surely there are bigger companies that get it right!!

Honored Contributor

I have not had this message or any issues recently but I wonder why so many have; I wonder what the common issue might be.  In any event, their IT is awful. 

Honored Contributor

I've been getting it sporadically for a week or two.  Not as much on Chrome and not at all on Firefox.  No so far,anyway.  I had bigger problems with this sight yesterday.  It kept treating me like a newbie and telling me to set up an account.  Aggravated the heck out of me.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well, excuse me all to pieces. I did NOT see other threads on it, and it just started happening to me this past week.  I cleared my browser history as suggested, and this time I signed in, it didnt happen. We shall see down the line.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kim-QVC posted this update on a couple of threads this afternoon:

@Kim-QVC wrote:

Good afternoon, I wanted to share that QVC is looking into this, I have been included in a series of emails today regarding this issue. I'm very sorry and we understand it is frustrating but I did want you to know that it is under investigation and we do hope to have a successful resolution shortly. ~Kim

What's being reported is a common bug for websites and not a difficult fix.   The hosting service, Lithium, should've seen it in their error logs on this site and corrected it promptly when it began on 9/1 -- 9 days ago!   

They don't even need our reports...  a responsible IT support staff monitors their error logs and uses those to identify and resolve problems.

The first reports I saw were on this 9/1 thread, and we discussed it there:

"Such A Strange Message I Get Here"

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Community-Chat/Such-A-Strange-Message-I-Get-Here/m-p/4893682/highlight/...

The basic problem is the too-large unmanageable size of the data packet sent between a device's browser and the website.   It will vary from one device to another, one browser to another.    So, it's happening to some people and not others (I haven't encountered it on my Mac or iPads or iPhone, trying several browsers to see if I could make the problem happen).   

In some cases, clearing your browser cookies and cache or trying another browser will help this issue, as I suggested in the thread on 9/1 -- however, it's highly likely that even if this helps you...  it will be temporary and the problem will resume, until the technical support staff decide to fix the underlying issue.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo- Ahhh, but you said a "responsible IT support staff".  There's always a catch!  Smiley LOL

I've had it happen just about every day for the past week or more.  It doesn't matter how many times I clear things out or log out and back in.  Even today, mid posting, it happened.  So irritating that it should go on this long.

Thanks for the additional info.