Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Such A Strange Message I Get Here

[ Edited ]

Wasn't sure in which area to post this. Anyhow, only here on this board do I sometimes get this message as I move from one thread to another. Anyone able to translate this to understandable english?

Request Entitity Too Large

The requested resource /ohcaz36659/ does not allow request data with GET requests, or the amount of data provided in the request exceeds the capacity limit

Honored Contributor

Re: Such A Strange Message I Get Here

[ Edited ]

@shaggygirl,  There's a problem in the "conversation" between this website and your browser and the data that's trying to move between the two.   Usually this involves a corruption in cookies or cache.   You need to try clearing browser cookies/cache/website data, quit the browser, and then relaunch.    If that doesn't work, try accessing this site with a different browser (and be sure you have the most current version of browser software).

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@shaggygirl,  There's a problem in the "conversation" between this website and your browser and the data that's trying to move between the two.   Usually this involves a corruption in cookies or cache.   You need to clear browser cookies/cache/website data, quit the browser, and then relaunch.    If that doesn't work, try accessing this site with a different browser (and be sure you have the most current version of browser software).

Thank you for explaining that, I appreciate it. Now you have to understand that I'm not the sharpest pencil in the box when it comes to my computer thus have no clue what to do in order to use a different browser. And I will google how to clear my cookies. Think I did that once a long time ago so can probably figure that one out. (you didn't know you were talking to an illiterate when it comes to this stuff)

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

You're welcome, @shaggygirl!   There are step-by-step instructions (sometimes YouTube videos) online for clearing cookies/cache/website data for each browser.    To download a secondary "backup" browser, just go directly to the developer website.    Everyone should have at least 2 browsers installed on their computer for troubleshooting.   If you have any problems, just return and ask...  someone here will be able to provide answers.   However, I have faith in you and I know you can do it!😊   

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

Thank you again and bless your heart for having that faith in me! :-)

Honored Contributor

I've been getting the same message.  I think it's one of those occasional Q Board weirdnesses.

Esteemed Contributor

I got that message a couple of times yesterday - not today.

Honored Contributor

I am getting that message too.

Honored Contributor

Yeah, I've got that all evening yesterday too. 

I think it is a Q thing and most likely not any of us as individuals. 

Trusted Contributor

Yep, I’ve been getting that too since last evening.