Contributor

Re: Wedding song suggestions?

16 years ago when my son was married we danced to a song called A Song for my Son  by Mikki Viereck.  I think you can find it on you tube. Everyone loved it and asked me where I foiund it, It was actually at a bridal fair that I attended with my DIL. The woman who wrote it was there singing it. there are also a lot of other suggewstions on you tube you can check out. I am sure you will find something appropriate, Good Luck

Respected Contributor

At my son's wedding my dil asked what song the parents(me and dh, her mom and dad wanted to dance too)  I chose At Last by Etta James(don't remember her parent's song)but when the songs were announced we were invited on the floor first and then the other guests were invited to join in. 

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Valued Contributor

@Starpolisherwrote:

At my son's wedding my dil asked what song the parents(me and dh, her mom and dad wanted to dance too)  I chose At Last by Etta James(don't remember her parent's song)but when the songs were announced we were invited on the floor first and then the other guests were invited to join in. 

At Last by Etta James is my all time favorite song!

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]
RE My husband danced with his mom to the song "TIMES OF YOUR LIFE", BY Paul Anka, listen to the words so beautiful for MOTHER/SON dance. I danced to "WIND BENEATH MY WINGS" by Bette Midler with my older brother who I always looked up to especially since my dad had died years before. Listen to all the words of the songs you are interested in some are more for the bride and groom dance. Good Luck. Let us all know what song you pick.
Regular Contributor

Through the Years-Kenny Rogers and others

Esteemed Contributor

these are the songs from my first marriage,  I was young😺

i know the name sounds strange but the words worked , plus I love the song:          

The carpenters Lovers and other strangers

A Time For Us Romeo and Juliets theme

Colur My World Chicago

Now For my present forever marriage :

I Can't Help Falling In Love

Theme from Ice Castles

In My Life 

At Last

Wedding song by I think Peter , from Peter Paul & Mary

i hope you find your perfect song 😺😀

Frequent Contributor

At my son's wedding we danced to "The Times of Your Life" by Paul Anka.  It's the old Kodak camera song.  Lovely song and very meaningful words.  

Occasional Contributor

I danced with my son to "The Perfect Fan" by the Backstreet Boys. I never heard it before then but the words were beautiful and it did make me cry.  Congratulations!

Honored Contributor

I spent a couple of days last week listening to a bunch of songs.  Whew, that was rough.  I narrowed it down to two and gave myself a break.  I listened to the two on Monday and again today, and have decided on "A Song for My Son" by Mikki Viereck for the Mother & Son dance.  Thanks again, @Starpolisher .

My husband and I have a lot of songs that have been part of our lives.  We're celebrating our 40th anniversary this fall so "Through the Years" by Kenny Rogers was a no brainer.

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch I had to Google it. Really, really beautiful and sweet and perfect.