Contributor

I need a wedding gift (I am giving cash too) for my 25 yr old niece. 

What was your favorite or unique gift?

I’d like to give her something unique. 

Valued Contributor

My favorite gift was a bottle of Dom Perignon and two champagne glasses in the pattern we chose.  We saved the champagne for our first anniversary.

Honored Contributor

I am in the same situation......and in addition to cash, I will be giving a Presto Pizzazz™.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

Re: Wedding gift

[ Edited ]

This is what I have done more than once. There is a lady on  Etsy that will take and invitation put it in a shadow box and decorate it with intricate handmade flowers using paper. I don’t know what this art form is call but it is beautiful. She will do it in the colors of the wedding party. 

Honored Contributor
One of my favorite wedding gifts as received many years ago was my wedding invitation, decorated with faint watercolor, and placed in a sterling silver frame. It was a gift from a multi-millionaire’s wife. I still treasure it.
Honored Contributor

@Grammyto3 wrote:

I need a wedding gift (I am giving cash too) for my 25 yr old niece. 

What was your favorite or unique gift?

I’d like to give her something unique. 

@Grammyto3   I have the answer to the PERFECT gift for her!  Ask her what she wants or needs, give you a list maybe and pick something from that.

If you try to come up with something new, unique, or brilliant, you stand a huge chance of geting her something she doesn't want and will never use.

Just get her what she wants or needs 'cause you love her and want to make her happy!  Isn't that what a gift is all about? 

Honored Contributor

@panda1234 wrote:

This is what I have done more than once. There is a lady on  Etsy that will take and invitation put it in a shadow box and decorate it with intricate handmade flowers using paper. I don’t know what this art form is call but it is beautiful. She will do it in the colors of the wedding party. 

@panda1234 wrote:

@panda1234 

thanks for mentioning this!

i just went to etsy and found a number of sellers who do this.

my daughter is getting married next year and i want to do this when she gets her invitations printed.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Re: Wedding gift

[ Edited ]

@Grammyto3 -

My aunt gave me a beautiful ceramic vase of blues and greys. That was many years ago.

I still have it and love it and it is one of the wedding presents I will always remember and cherish, because she picked it for us,

and it just is so pretty.

Of course, times may have changed because I know most all couples have a registry now and though I loved to be able to choose something unique that I think they would love, now I just select something from their registry. I know they will like it because they chose it.It's not the same but it is still fun to get something they like.

If they have a registry, you could get something from that and if you find something that reminds you of her that you think she will like, (and it doesn't have to be expensive), you could get that too.Every niece should have an aunt like youSmiley Happy

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Super Contributor

Gift her a stunning set of ring and pendant or earrings and pendant. The classy pieces will always remind her of your warm wishes. Find some great pieces at Shop LC. I have bought a few from there at amazingly low price.

Honored Contributor

Shouldn't  a wedding gift be for the couple?  Something they can both use and enjoy.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment