Respected Contributor

Weather Heads Up for Southern US

I am in West Texas. A system is reaching us as we speak that is bringing high winds and extreme fire danger. Today's winds are expected to gust as high as 60-70 mph. The last time we had winds this strong there was a tornado outbreak in Texas along the I 35 corridor, and it moved eastward into neighboring states.

The wind is frightening. The plumber is here installing new faucets, and he said his company cancelled some out of town calls because of the blowing dust and high wind forecast.

I hope everyone is prepared for what may be headed your way.

Honored Contributor

Re: Weather Heads Up for Southern US

We are in Tulsa and projected to have the bad stuff around midnight or after. 

With this much warning, we will have medicines, etc ready to head to our storm shelter, which we had installed last June, when the time is right.

Everyone stay safe and alert these next few days.

There are fires raging west of OKC and the high winds won't help these poor firefighters working tirelessly.

Trusted Contributor

@OKPrincess  Congrats on getting that storm shelter, I imagine it's very comforting to know it's there!

Honored Contributor

We had 4 very warm days where all the foliage burst into bud and bloom.  With that and the dust the wind is whipping up, I literally awoke at 4am sneezing and sniffling with allergy symptoms.  I've been miserable ever since and this is AFTER I took an allergy pill last night.  This is the worst episode I've ever had.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@On It    Are you getting any rain?  Its very cloudy here but the air is too dry to produce rain today.  There's a chance tomorrow.  I'm watering shrubbery today.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

The wind right now in North East Texas is horrid.  After last week's storms I am not looking forward to tonight and early tomorrow morning.  

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 No rain. Some clouds are rolling in, but it is extremely dry here. We are currently under an airport warning which is advising constant winds of 30 knots with gusts to 70 mph and reduced visibility from blowing dust.

I don't know if it is even possible to get rain here. We need wind out of the Southeast to bring in some Gulf moisture. This seems like the driest we have been in a very long time. There is rarely a day that we don't have at least 20 mph winds.

Respected Contributor

@On It Hunker down and stay weather alert.  I am in north Mississippi and they have been warning us on our local weather channel for 2 days now about the impending weather.  Last week, Mississippi had 23 tornadoes and  this Wednesday is on course to be wicked, winds are expected to be 70 -80 mph.  I will need to get my flag in so it does not travel to foreign lands.  Take care & be safe!  I know GOD is in control but I always feel anxious during bad storms.  In 1984 we had a tornado tear through our little town and wiped out one of our grocery stores at EASTER and killed 7 people..........

Respected Contributor

@Boomernichols You take care. I hope you have a safe place to ride out this storm. The wind is as strong as they are predicting. It is relentless.

Respected Contributor

@On It  We move to our hall or the bathtub and pray that GOD will spare us and see us through the storm!  Take care & be safe yourself!!!