Honored Contributor

Re: Wear these Pajamas Anywhere

@Cakers3

Looks like @mimom might be with the "how to dress police"!  And her children?  I'll leave that to you since all of my kids don't go into most stores. Well Lily, our canine, gets to one with my wife much of the time. That's why I love that my kids all have 4 legs and fur, and haven't learned to talk yet.   =^..^=

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lovesrecess wrote:
My grandma wouldn't leave the house without full makeup and her hair fixed, even if she was too frail to wear anything other than her gown and housecoat. What I see today just looks slovenly.

@lovesrecess

Times they have changed since your grandma's era. Since you say "wouldn't", I assume she has passed, and I am sorry.

Back in the 1950's/1960's, I spoke to more than 1 manager at big restaurants when it came to moving "suit and tie gents" ahead of me in a waiting line. Always said my green bills are worth the same as "that gent", and if you think otherwise? Lot's more places to eat in the city, and I will be sure to let others know your preferences to "suit and tie", and not blue collar workers.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lovesrecess wrote:

One of my DDs worked for a major airline for many years. She said people who arrived for a flight nicely dressed always got moved up in line , etc before anyone who showed up in their pjs. You don't have to "dress up" in order to look presentable in public....but going out in your pajamas shows a lack of self-respect. Sort of sad IMO.

@lovesrecess

I hadn't even read this post before typing my previous one to you. If an airline employee pulled that bull sh** on me? There would be a whole lotta people knowing what I thought of that nonsense.

Exactly what I said in previous post notification to you. Chezzzz

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:
If I am at a store and I see anyone over the age of 4 in pajamas, it is just pure laziness...of the parent or the adult who is wearing them. Were they raised that way?

@lovesrecess
I can tell you how I was raised, but you may have already read about it a few times in many of my other posts over the years.
hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:
If I am at a store and I see anyone over the age of 4 in pajamas, it is just pure laziness...of the parent or the adult who is wearing them. Were they raised that way?

You have no idea if it's "pure laziness".  The person could be ill, or there could be other reasons.  Maybe pajamas are all they can manage - or all they can afford.  IMO it's pretty judgmental and really unkind to say that the only reason would be pure laziness.   That very well may not be the case at all.

Respected Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@Cakers3

@looks like @mimomof4 might be with the "how to dress police"!  And her children?  I'll leave that to you since all of my kids don't go into most stores. Well Lily, our canine, gets to one with my wife much of the time. That's why I love that my kids all have 4 legs and fur, and haven't learned to talk yet.   =^..^=

hckynut(john)

No automatic alt text available.

Respected Contributor

going shopping..don't judge me..

Image result for shopping in her pajamas

Honored Contributor

@fourpaws56 wrote:

going shopping..don't judge me..

Image result for shopping in her pajamas

@fourpaws56......you are so funny.  Happy shopping, LOL.....

Honored Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@Cakers3

@looks like @mimomof4 might be with the "how to dress police"!  And her children?  I'll leave that to you since all of my kids don't go into most stores. Well Lily, our canine, gets to one with my wife much of the time. That's why I love that my kids all have 4 legs and fur, and haven't learned to talk yet.   =^..^=

hckynut(john)

@hckynut

Just wanted to say that that's one cute kitty face under your name!  

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot

I just changed my picture. This one is of Ozzie, and he was a beautiful and talkative guy. He was 14 when he suddenly was in excruciating pain. Rushed him to our vet, but the diagnosis was PE, and we had to let him cross The Bridge. That was 2 years ago.

Do not want this to be a downer, because I really appreciate your comment. We have our very happy memories of all those years he was with us.

Thank you again,

JOhn(hckynut)

hckynut(john)