Esteemed Contributor

Re: We're weeks away from the time change, but I'm having trouble getting in gear!!

I am not looking to forward to time change at all ! I love love DST.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: We're weeks away from the time change, but I'm having trouble getting in gear!!

I wish whomever is in charge of this nonsense of changing the time would get over it. If there is some advantage to it I guess it has never been anything that effected any part of my life.

Well!  I guess it has kept me busy changing so many clocks in our home and in our vehicles. When I was still working and some of my co-workers go "digital watches", most of the came to me when it was "move forward or move back" time. They didn't have a clue on how to change them, and most of them didn't even want me to suggest to teaching them how to do it.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

I hate the fact that we only have 9 hours of daylight on the first day of winter. It doesn't matter whether we get the extra hour of daylight in the morning or evening-- it's just not enough daylight for me!

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Esteemed Contributor

I hate how it gets dark early and frankly its outdated and should be changed IMO. I call it the doom and gloom months. lol..

And to add, my husband cant see well at all in the dark (he has an eye disease and is legally blind without his glasses) so when its dark early we dont go out as much at night. (I am not to drive with my spine/leg damage and medicines). He does work, so just in the morning he drives in the dark, but its not far and he has those roads memorized. But I stil worry!

Anyway I wish it was light out early and later YEAR round!

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Respected Contributor

Buck i Nana, my young nephew has to be at his bus stop at 6:45am. Can't imagine that a child has to get a bus that early in the morning to go to school. Plus he has to walk almost a quarter of a mile to get to the bus stop. Worries us to no end.

Respected Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

I hate the fact that we only have 9 hours of daylight on the first day of winter. It doesn't matter whether we get the extra hour of daylight in the morning or evening-- it's just not enough daylight for me!

And changing the clocks does not change the number of daylight hours! 

Honored Contributor

I don't mind it dark in the morning as much as I hate that it will get dark so early in the evenings.....In November, December, and part of January it will be dark here by 5pm or before!!!!!!That I really dislike!