Respected Contributor

Re: We're weeks away from the time change, but I'm having trouble getting in gear!!

I'm ready for the change.  I always worry about my grandkids heading out to the bus stop in the dark, especially the younger ones who are "too old" to have Nana walk them to the bus stop, but young enough for me to deperately want to still keep an eye on them.

Respected Contributor

Re: We're weeks away from the time change, but I'm having trouble getting in gear!!

I prefer Standard Time too and wish they would get rid of daylight savings time....the days get longer in the summer whether the time changes or not so moving clocks ahead is just a way to cheat me out of 1 hour of sleep.  

Esteemed Contributor

@brii wrote:

I dread the time change...

I do too!  The dark evenings are depressing and I feel like I need to go to bed at 6:30pm!  I hate walking the dogs, running errands, or going out to dinner in the dark.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

i LOVE the time change back to standard time. i wish they would just get rid of daylight savings time and keep standard time year round. there really is no reason for it!

And I wish we'd stay on daylight savings all year.

Respected Contributor

I love, love, love falling back in the fall!!!!  That extra hour of sleep is heavenly and so worth it.  I like it when it gets dark earlier in the winter--it makes for cozy evenings.

Honored Contributor

I hate, hate, hate the time change.  I detest that it's dark by the time I get out of work in the evening.

Even now with it getting dark earlier, I'm having a hard time staying awake in the evenings.  Last night I was watching some of my DVR'd shows and was falling asleep at 8:30!  LOL

I also won't walk outside in the evening once it's dark out so that's another thing I hate.  

Respected Contributor

Dark when you get up, dark when you drive to work, dark when you drive home.  What the heck is good about it?!

Respected Contributor

@RedConvertibleGirl wrote:

Dark when you get up, dark when you drive to work, dark when you drive home.  What the heck is good about it?!

Thing is...the shorter days happen whether the time changes or not.....same in summer the days get longer with or without the time change.  

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

i LOVE the time change back to standard time. i wish they would just get rid of daylight savings time and keep standard time year round. there really is no reason for it!

And I wish we'd stay on daylight savings all year.

LOL, but MY way we just keep it as nature intended it to be......

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

i really do not like turning the clocks back. it gets too dark at 4:00pm :-(

due to the oil crisis in 1973  there was an extension to 10 months of DST in 1974 and 8 months in 1975

doing this saved energy but proved to be too dangerous for children going to school and waiting for school buses in the dark.