Honored Contributor

Re: We Got Mail on Sunday Today--USPS Mail!

We don't get regular mail delivery on Sundays, not even during Christmas rush.  We do get special delivery packages on Sunday.  

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr    I have a feeling the Sunday deliveries is an option for the local postmasters.  It seems to be very informal and not well organized.  I've had them deliver one package while others sit at the post office. Late in the day, "out for delivery" will appear suddenly as if an afterthought.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Sooner 

was the package from amazon?

Honored Contributor

@lovescats wrote:

@Sooner 

was the package from amazon?

@lovescats Woman Embarassed  I don't remember.  Husband got it and opened it and I don't remember if it was his or mine.  

Honored Contributor

@Sooner   That is interesting.  When I was growing up say about 10 yrs. old during the Christmas season there was delivery on Sunday all the time because there were so many Christmas cards.  My mother use to receive over a 100 cards.  It could be that your PO was behind and they were trying to catch up.

kindness is strength
Super Contributor

@Sooner @I got a QVC package last Sunday.  My temptations red check kitchen towels. Was pleasantly surprised. Thanks Q.

Honored Contributor

@Infinite Mom 47 wrote:

@Sooner @I got a QVC package last Sunday.  My temptations red check kitchen towels. Was pleasantly surprised. Thanks Q.

@Infinite Mom 47 I'm happ that it was a good surprise for you!  My issue was financial information was sitting in the box unknown to me.  Since we don't plan on Sunday mail, we don't think to check.  

Respected Contributor

We've been getting Sunday USPS deliveries for about a year now. My regular carrier says they hired independent contractors for these deliveries during Covid when they got so backed up. She delivers on Sunday, as well as during the week, but she's paid as an independent contractor and not her regular wages on those Sundays. 

Honored Contributor

You should be grateful we got notified there would be delays in local mail, perhaps 5 days for a local letter so anyone still mailing bills be forewarned
I do my paying electronically., but find the delay is a tad ridiculous
Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I've never heard of locked boxes other than at apt/condos where they are clustered together.

But I guess they make them so there is a slot for delivering letters, but the lid is locked.  ?  Maybe you'd better consider on of those if you're concerned about thefts.