Super Contributor

Re: Watching a show on whales, got me to wondering how many here have seen a wild

Hiking in Ketchum Idaho , I saw a brown bear......lucky for us the bear ran off when it saw us....it is the chance you take when hiking in the wilderness.
Honored Contributor

Re: Watching a show on whales, got me to wondering how many here have seen a wild

We were camping with another couple, in The San Juan Islands in WA state; I think at Friday Harbor, when hubby and his friend were in a small skiff on the water just as an orca surfaced probably not more than 30 ft away from them. Needless to say they rowed back to shore and changed their underwear!!{#emotions_dlg.laugh} This was in the 80's. Not quite sure why they went out there still. Guys-------who knows????

I have a salmon creek in my back yard that gets many visitors--herons, bears, racoons, opposum, deer, river otters, coyotes and even a bobcat.

Super Contributor

We constantly have deer in our yard, they come right up to the front of the house. We swam with the dolphins on a cruise years ago.

Respected Contributor

I've seen whales (both dead and alive), a moose, a bear and her cub on the side of a highway, a beaver, blue heron, and loons. I think that's about it.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James