Honored Contributor

Re: Watching Westminster Dog Show.

@bikerbabe wrote:
Love the dog that won.
Not a fan at all of the breed bias in all these shows. It’s a joke.

@bikerbabe   Not sure if you mean breed bias in the Best In Show winners or not.  The bloodhound won BIS this year for the first time.  The French Bulldog came in 2nd (Reserve BIS), and a French Bulldog has never won.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

Thank you, got to watch the Cavalier King CharlesSmiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Stray  That was a beautiful Samoyed, special looking.  My favorite was the English Setter.  Trumpet was a good choice, he was beautiful,too.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Esteemed Contributor

@MoJoV - the English Setter was a beauty. I lean to larger breeds. I thought the Sheppard, River, had a beautiful face. I think people feel that one dog is judged against the other but it’s the dog who best represents its breed, in terms of markings, certain other characteristics that a particular breed must exhibit. I also liked the judge for best in show this year. He was so excited & enthusiastic.

One of my favorite past winners was Uno, the beagle such a personality. I like Sammys as they always appear to be smiling and happy. We have three in our condo & all so sweet tempered.
Honored Contributor

@NckNack

I’m glad a different breed won instead of the breeds that usually win.
Honored Contributor

@bikerbabe wrote:
Love the dog that won.
Not a fan at all of the breed bias in all these shows. It’s a joke.

@bikerbabe 

Aint that the truth....glad at least a breed thats not the norm won this year!..... I hate the bias against the Golden and Labs that are so popular with the general public, and the bias towards breeds that win ALL THE TIME! 🙄

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Stray wrote:
I went every year when it was in NYC. It was moved due to COVID and a lot takes place outdoors. I loved Trumpet but was hoping for a win for Striker this year. I love Sammys

@Stray 

I love goldens, beagles, and SAMMYS......( a friend had a Sammy and they are quite "cat like" )

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt- I love all retrievers but this years golden was special. He/she, forgot the name or gender but was best in breed out of 70 goldens. The crowd always cheers for the goldens & this one had a beautiful face (they always do).. They are special dogs and I don’t get why they are never chosen as the best in breed for them is very stiff competition. I love Sammys for their happy faces & that silver tipped coat. We had a beagle when I was younger & I loved him, Casey after (Ben Casey) lol. Loved Uno
Respected Contributor

I am so happy that Trumpet won one Best of Show! My mother never owned a dog, but she would always call me to tell me the show was on and we would watch the Best of Show event, even though we lived across the country from each other. I love learning about the breeds and their ancestry and origin. Mom has been gone for ten years now, and I still find myself watching it and thinking of her. Trumpet was the first bloodhound to ever win the top prize...just love him! 

Honored Contributor

@Trailrun23 wrote:

I am so happy that Trumpet won one Best of Show! My mother never owned a dog, but she would always call me to tell me the show was on and we would watch the Best of Show event, even though we lived across the country from each other. I love learning about the breeds and their ancestry and origin. Mom has been gone for ten years now, and I still find myself watching it and thinking of her. Trumpet was the first bloodhound to ever win the top prize...just love him! 

@Trailrun23 

What a wonderful memory.....