Honored Contributor

Watching Westminster Dog Show.

[ Edited ]

We thought this was on only in Feb., but I love dogs, so I enjoy this.  They reported that the Kentucky Derby has been going on longer than this dog show.  Don't we love our animals though?!!!  146th WKC dog show.  Day 3 est of Breeds on FS2.

Comments?

Honored Contributor

Re: Watching Westminster Dog Show.

@qualitygal 

Yes, it's usually on in February but they delayed it this year and had very little fanfare so I spaced it out completely.

I was channel surfing last week and saw that I'd missed most of the first night.  Had to work the second night so I DVR'd it.  Haven't watched it yet, but I already know who won Best in Show.

I hope they return to the normal February schedule.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

I did not watch it live but then caught a replay a couple days ago of the Best In Show competition. I certainly understand why they moved the event from Madison Square Garden and all but to me it was no where near the same vibe. Just not the same at all. I do hope they can return to MSG in the future.

And maybe I just don't like change. Ha! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

One of the NFL players, that plays for the LA Chargers, Morgan Fox, his dog won second place......He said his dog, Winston, is a great dog .....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Frequent Contributor

the entire show is on youtube. it is also broken down by breeds. just search Westminster kennel club show 2023.
Frequent Contributor

s/b 2022 not 2023....sorry 😊
Honored Contributor

@Mary in MO wrote:
s/b 2022 not 2023....sorry 😊

@Mary in MO 

Wishful thinking? Woman Wink

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

I prefer to watch the one that airs on Thanksgiving with John O'Hurley hosting.

Honored Contributor

Love the dog that won.
Not a fan at all of the breed bias in all these shows. It’s a joke.
Esteemed Contributor

I went every year when it was in NYC. It was moved due to COVID and a lot takes place outdoors. I loved Trumpet but was hoping for a win for Striker this year. I love Sammys