Super Contributor

It sounds silly jmo.

Respected Contributor

I noticed that too and I was like, what the heck?! I turned the channel. Whoever directed her to focus on this was so wrong 

Honored Contributor

@mjd0625 wrote:
Well...I guess some people just get offended by everything. Apparently, you are one of those people. SMH.

Not offended @mjd0625 .  It's just crude using those slang terms.  

Valued Contributor
I’m not offended at all. I just can’t stand the silly terms “girls” or “ta-tas”. Call them by their real name; what’s the big deal?
Honored Contributor

Why not just call it the bust area, like the OP did in her post? That's what that area been called for many years. Nothing overly goofy or slangy about it. When someone starts using lots of euphemisms that tells me they're uncomfortable or embarrassed.

Not offended or bugged, though. If I'd heard that kind of talk I probably would have rolled my eyes at the host trying a little too hard.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@rms1954 

I agree with you. 

Inappropriate.  Think of it this way: If that language had been used by a male host, there would have been a big brouhaha and calls for the host to step down from the on-air duty. 

We have to get to the point where women (okay, men too) are not admired or ridiculed for their physical attributes.  Skills, accomplishments, character..all that should count for more.

Language is powerful.  Words matter.  We should be thoughtful about what we say and write. 

Respected Contributor

"the girls" is my circle of pals, not my boobs.