Respected Contributor

Do you send Valentine's Day cards to your SO.  DH & I do and on every special occasion.  I've saved the cards and after 50 years, there's quite a few.  I'd hate to be the one cleaning out my house when I'm gone!!!

Honored Contributor

No, we don't.

Frequent Contributor

I am currently going thru 38 years so far 😃 of marriage of cards souvenirs and letters and such..... deciding to pare down and keep favorites ..... is difficult but think it's better to do this 😃

Respected Contributor

@coffee drinker I think your card exchange is a lovely tradition.

Respected Contributor

Yes, we do.  Always have, since we were dating. Heart

Respected Contributor

Yes.  Every Valentine's Day and all special occassions.  Kept them all.

Honored Contributor

@coffee drinker wrote:

Do you send Valentine's Day cards to your SO.  DH & I do and on every special occasion.  I've saved the cards and after 50 years, there's quite a few.  I'd hate to be the one cleaning out my house when I'm gone!!!

We sure do. DH is the best card finder and he always comes up with a movie line or song lyric to add.  He often gets me cards from the furkids too.   Like you, @coffee drinker, after all these years there's quite a collection.

Honored Contributor

No we don't.  

When the girls were small and they were on a Valentines Day high because of school celebrations, we carried that thru to our home with decorations, a family meal, and a special dessert.   

I have saved many of the Valentines cards from the early days and they are special, but don't feel the need to fund this holiday anymore.

Honored Contributor

I received a card and chocolate-covered strawberries.  He received a card and a homemade carrot cake.  Most everyday is Valentine's Day if we're lucky.

Valued Contributor

Yes, for the last 40 years.  DH gave me 2 today and there's one for tomorrow.  Our anniversary is 2/28, so I always look forward to this month!