Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

Hasn't this been the case since -- ever?

@suzyQ3  I know this has been discussed multiple times.  I remember a host addressed this on her social media and said much of the food is eaten by the crew. This was pre-Covid. 

Some of it is prop food and just keeps being brought out for presentations so that wouldn't be fit to eat. 

Honored Contributor

I cannot believe how snotty some of these posts are.  

Common sense tells me that the OP didn't mean that the only food she eats ever is filet mignon.  

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

I probably shouldn't say anything but.....

@Annabellethecat66 has said she's well off and I believe her. I don't understand why a person wouldn't take her at her word.  I think she's a nice person that happens to have money.  Like Oprah has said, why try to hide being rich?  I've never considered her bragging, I consider her being herself....a nice person that happens to be rich and is not ashamed of it.

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@GoneButNotForgotten wrote:

you eat only filet mignon? Woman Embarassed you must be pretty well off 

That is mentioned in almost every post..

@Mmsfoxxie  I think there are a number of people on these boards have 'money'. It really is not so unusual. They just haven't had a reason to speak about it. 

They may not directly say they have money or they are well off but they talk about their investment accounts, their homes, their high dollar handbag collection, all the stuff they order and on and on so yeah, a lot speak about it just in a more indirect way. 

Honored Contributor

What?  Where did the subject of who has money and who doesn’t come about?

It’s always been my observation that bragging about money is similar to bragging about how much sex you are getting...same thing.

You see, if you brag about “getting ‘it’ on” with someone and you were to ask the other partner..they.d say “In his or her dreams..that would be NO”.

To say it in a more simplistic way, you aint’ getting much lovin’; nor are you really rich.

Phew!  I just typed that and I’M confused.

I’d just typed an observation about food being wasted!  If I was rich (or said I was); does anyone think that complaing about wasted food translates to. “I’m rich so I can throw away food.”

As an observation here, I’ll just best the same people would be the one’s who’d say the grass is blue  just to be argumentative.

Just an observation.  If the shoe fits..wear it.   

(Another one of my Dad’s sayings that kinda seems appropriate here).

Honored Contributor

Personally, I think if someone comes here and details all their property holdings, talks about how they are putting a neighbor through college, unopened QVC packages, details about how they help their relatives and sends "gifts" to fellow posters...some conclusions will be drawn.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

I probably shouldn't say anything but.....

@Annabellethecat66 has said she's well off and I believe her. I don't understand why a person wouldn't take her at her word.  I think she's a nice person that happens to have money.  Like Oprah has said, why try to hide being rich?  I've never considered her bragging, I consider her being herself....a nice person that happens to be rich and is not ashamed of it.

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@GoneButNotForgotten wrote:

you eat only filet mignon? Woman Embarassed you must be pretty well off 

That is mentioned in almost every post..

@Mmsfoxxie  I think there are a number of people on these boards have 'money'. It really is not so unusual. They just haven't had a reason to speak about it. 

They may not directly say they have money or they are well off but they talk about their investment accounts, their homes, their high dollar handbag collection, all the stuff they order and on and on so yeah, a lot speak about it just in a more indirect way. 

@Lipstickdiva  I see you're on a roll today. Waiting for your comments when I posted about cruising. I could have posted more about money but chose not to. There are ways to discuss things and ways not to which lead to totally different interpretations.

Honored Contributor

I think some of the food is sprayed with a fixant to help it look better and fresher. Food photographers do this all the time. 

Respected Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

All food markets throw away expensive food.

What do you think happens to all that expired food at the grocery store?  A lot of it is still good to eat, but has a " last sold by date" on it and can no longer be sold.

It is not donated and if the employees take it, they will get charged for stealing.

We, consumers also throw expensive food away.  Produce doesn't last very long and much of it is purchased, but spoils before it can be eaten.

It's terrible, but it will continue.  There is nothing anyone can do about it.  No one wants to get sick on food that sits out too long....not even hungry people.

You would be shocked if you saw how much food is wasted from the school lunch program, but that is another story.

Not necessarily. I know of some places that let employees take home food that is still fine to eat, but just not up to their freshness standards.