Esteemed Contributor

Re: Washing Your Car at Home

@ROMARY wrote:

p.s.  Turtle Wash and Wax (all in one carwash/wax).  Worked/works wonders for years and years.  

@ROMARY  Thanks for the tip, I'll have to try it!

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

Seriously? You all don't wash your car yourself?? I'm dumbfounded. We have really nice cars that we take pride in. Yes, we always wash, wax, clean our own cars. What a waste of money paying someone to do something so easy! But it is today's society now isn't it!

"Pure Michigan"
Trusted Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

Seriously? You all don't wash your car yourself?? I'm dumbfounded. We have really nice cars that we take pride in. Yes, we always wash, wax, clean our own cars. What a waste of money paying someone to do something so easy! But it is today's society now isn't it!

The car wash industry has been in existence for the past 75 years. 

“If you tell the truth, you don’t have to remember anything.” -Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

No, I haven't for years.  We just run ours through one of the automatic car washes so we can get the under carriage treatment and the instant wax.  It's too much work for us to do it by hand!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I usually do my own but keep my little car (Honda Civic) garaged so don't have to do it but every couple of months. Recently, I had a young man who is just starting out with a car detailing business do it for me. He advertises that he details the car but it was really just a wash/vacuum/spray wax. When we've been in a drought, I usually wash/wax my car and that brings on the rain more effectively than my usual rain dance. I, too, like to use Jay Leno's products.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ID2 wrote:

Some people, including myself, are physically unable to do it themselves. I'm not lazy and it is not a waste of money to pay to have it done b/c I would suffer if I had to do it myself.

Others may not have time to clean their cars. They have to work. 

Respected Contributor

I take my car to an automatic car wash. It is too much work for me to clean an entire car. I am tired cleaning the inside after an automatic wash. When I was younger I did wash my car at home.

If I could afford it, I would take my car to a professional. They do a much better job than I do.

Honored Contributor

I use to wash all of my cars by hand but now I go to Delta Sonic.  I have a great price on monthly membership that I am grandfathered in as now the price has doubled for a membership.  I can go as many times as I want.  Especially like it in the colder weather months to get the salt off.  

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@ID2 wrote:

Some people, including myself, are physically unable to do it themselves. I'm not lazy and it is not a waste of money to pay to have it done b/c I would suffer if I had to do it myself.

@SilleeMee   Agree!  I don't consider myself lazy, and it's not a waste of money to pay to have it done.  Better to pay the car wash than have to pay the orthopedist for my shoulder Rotator cuff problem.  

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ciao_bella wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@ID2 wrote:

@SilleeMee   Agree!  I don't consider myself lazy, and it's not a waste of money to pay to have it done.  Better to pay the car wash than have to pay the orthopedist for my shoulder Rotator cuff problem.  

@ciao_bella @SilleeMee I agree as well. That was a very rude comment especially since she doesn't know the health issues some people may have. You know the saying about never assume.