Honored Contributor

Most Walmarts near me are dirty and half-stocked, with surly staff.  One, about 12 miles away, is nicer, but that's too far to drive to save a few dollars.  I see Walmart's commercials on TV and have to laugh:  the Walmart shopping experience is nothing like they show.  Needless to say, I rarely go there anymore.  Fortunately, we have plenty of other options.

Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

Reporting to the manager doesn't do any good. I reported a dirty,filthy bathroom and nothing happened.

@Group 5 minus 1   Call Corporate headquarters.  They are in Bentonville AR.  

Honored Contributor

IMO the shape your Walmart store is in is its managements fault.  If you are really concerned write to Walmart Corporate to voice your complaints.

I have started taking my own bags to the stores I cant stand those small plastic  stinky bags.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

The Walmarts nearby are quite tidy and two ocean side towns have mandated paper bags only, no more plastic at WM and other stores.   the retailers pushed back on paper because it costs more, but the ordinance passed. 

i went to use a self-chek one day and there were no bags, just some cardboard (i thought)by the kiosk.  then went over to the regular register which was a belt and another self-chek. then i noticed the cardboard was a stack of paper bags.   i always use my recycled bags but had none in my car that day.

Honored Contributor

We have two to choose from, and one is so much cleaner than the other. I now take my own tote shopping because I don't buy groceries there. Just pick up odds and ends.

Esteemed Contributor

Likewise, @ValuSkr , I make a 25 mile round trip to go to a Wall Mart I prefer.

Draw a circle around any store (not just Wall Mart) and the population that lives within that circle is where the store will draw the majority of its staff and its customers.

If the store's dirty, half stocked, and staff are lacking common manners (no longer taught at home), I figure two options.

One, that reflects the standards expected by the store manager.

Or two, the pool of job applicants yields nothing better to choose from.

Number two puts management in the position of constantly hiring, training, disciplining, and terminating, without all that termoil leading to overall improvement.

When that condition sets in, lower standards are tolerated until they become intolerable, and the store shuts down.

Respected Contributor

I read an article yesterday that Walmart is quietly closing stores...in my area a new buiIt Walmart that was only open for 5 years closed. The last year it had low stock problems but I was surprised when I went to buy a gift card for secret Santa, it was a mess & I wondered what was going on...no announcement was made, no sales, they just closed after Christmas & that was it, gone.

Esteemed Contributor

I only go for canned or boxed items, toiletries & cleaning supplies & name brand meat (I.e.  Oscar Meyer Turkey Bacon & a few other refrigerated items.  I load everything on the belt but the toiletries & cleaning supplies are always next to last.  Any refrigerated items are last.  That way it's easier for them to bag the cleaning items/toiletries together and the same for any refrigerated items.  If a bag is heavy, they will always double bag it.  They'll also wrap something like TB cleaner in a separate bag but will throw it in the same bag as my other cleaning supplies.  Bags are not the issues at my local WM.

My WM is an older store and is used heavily.  They are reorganizing the grocery section but it's taking a long time (well over 4 weeks).  Once it is done, it appears it will be much more efficient.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

Since the majority of the OP was about thin grocery bags,

just bring your own recyclable bags.

Boom.

Fixed it.

Honored Contributor

@shoptilyadropagain wrote:

I only go for canned or boxed items, toiletries & cleaning supplies & name brand meat (I.e.  Oscar Meyer Turkey Bacon & a few other refrigerated items.  I load everything on the belt but the toiletries & cleaning supplies are always next to last.  Any refrigerated items are last.  That way it's easier for them to bag the cleaning items/toiletries together and the same for any refrigerated items.  If a bag is heavy, they will always double bag it.  They'll also wrap something like TB cleaner in a separate bag but will throw it in the same bag as my other cleaning supplies.  Bags are not the issues at my local WM.

My WM is an older store and is used heavily.  They are reorganizing the grocery section but it's taking a long time (well over 4 weeks).  Once it is done, it appears it will be much more efficient.

@shoptilyadropagain , when I unload the cart at the supermarket there is a method to the way I do it, much like yours however the cashier feels she can just go willy-nilly through the stuff and bag it any way she feels like until you tell her to stop and ring it up and bag it the way I put it on the belt.