Honored Contributor

Reporting to the manager doesn't do any good. I reported a dirty,filthy bathroom and nothing happened.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Trusted Contributor

I always figure a trip to Walmart is an experience all its own.  Its the only store I go into and can always count on seeing someone shopping in their PJs in the middle of the day.  The characters in that store just don't compare.  I rarely shop there and when I do, I purchase so few items I'm always able to use the self checkout.  

I haven't noticed that their bags are any thinner than other stores.  It seems all around most stores have very thin plastic bags.

Honored Contributor

I go to Wal-Mart every two weeks and buy a lot.  I haven't had any problem with their bags.  I actually prefer them over those of other grocery stores because they're somewhat larger.  I don't let the cashier overload them.

Definitely report the condition of the store to WM headquarters.  Sounds like you have a dud for a manager.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I have never been to a Walmart that was run down or dirty.  We travel a lot in our RV, so I have been in Walmart's from Florida to Maine and never had a problem.  If the bags are too thin for the load, just ask them to double bag or bring your own.

The dirtiest store in my area is Macy's...no contest.  It is gross!

Respected Contributor

They have to double bag so often what is the point of recycling them to the point of them being so thin you can almost see thru them? lol. 

Honored Contributor

@FlowerBear   I would suggest you bring your own bags.  Reusable bags are relatively cheap and you can also get paper grocery bags.

Plastic bags should be banned completely.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

I agree that bringing reusable bags is the only way to go and that plastic bags should be banned completely.

Esteemed Contributor

Hi @FlowerBear 

As a response to public pressure, the bags are now made of a plastic that breaks down faster in landfills.

It makes them more fragile, so the public responds by double (or triple) bagging virtually everything. I'd save my 'complaint' for the other issues.

I think if you direct your comments about your individual local store to the corporate office it'll slow the response. Better to direct them to the regional manager, with a copy to that individual store's manager.

Regional managers go store to store, and they love to have specific feedback such as yours that they can follow up on. Include pictures of the dirt and disrepair customers see on their visits. Be sure to include anything that's a safety issue.

Also, regional's have input to your store's budgeting and can recommend larger expenditures if conditions are truly run down.

If that local manager's worth his name tag, he'll be getting his store ready for the regional's visit.

Valued Contributor

My son banned me from Wal-mart cause the only thing I get there is ticked off. 

Respected Contributor

You need to report this to your store manager. If you don't get a satisfactory response go to the corporate office. I have several Walmart stores near me and they are kept very clean and tidy.  It won't be long before the stores will do away with plastic due to the damage being done to our marine life.