Honored Contributor

Re: Walmart+ vs. Amazon Prime

@Maggie Nolia wrote:

@furbabylover wrote:

Amazon Prime wins, hands down. Amazon ships and you usually get your items within 48-72 hours, their return process is brilliant and easy, and they offer detailed descriptions and reviews of products. With Walmart, you get very little info about the product, shipping is iffy and sporadic, and their return process is, in my experience, a total nightmare.

I'm don't care for Amazon's return scam.  Suddenly, they don't refund returns to my credit card.  They put refund on a "gift card".  I never authorized that and do not want it.  So I'm paying the credit card but I have a credit on a "gift card".  Quite a scam, huh?  Sounds like money laundering to me. 
I've had a long conversation with them already, so it's time for action, thus, my curiosity about WM+.

You have to select how you'd like your refund. Either gift card or original payment. But if you think they're cheating you, go with Walmart. That sounds what you want to do anyway. 

Honored Contributor

No comparison.   

I don't drive or own (or need) a car.

I don't think there are any Walmarts around here (NYC).  I've only been in a Walmart once in my entire life .... 2009.  I was on vacation and the weather turned warm and I needed a short sleeve t-shirt.

I've been an Amazon customer for years.  No complaints.

Valued Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

@Maggie Nolia wrote:

@furbabylover wrote:

Amazon Prime wins, hands down. Amazon ships and you usually get your items within 48-72 hours, their return process is brilliant and easy, and they offer detailed descriptions and reviews of products. With Walmart, you get very little info about the product, shipping is iffy and sporadic, and their return process is, in my experience, a total nightmare.

I'm don't care for Amazon's return scam.  Suddenly, they don't refund returns to my credit card.  They put refund on a "gift card".  I never authorized that and do not want it.  So I'm paying the credit card but I have a credit on a "gift card".  Quite a scam, huh?  Sounds like money laundering to me. 
I've had a long conversation with them already, so it's time for action, thus, my curiosity about WM+.

You have to select how you'd like your refund. Either gift card or original payment. But if you think they're cheating you, go with Walmart. That sounds what you want to do anyway. 

Wrong!  I've never been offered an option of how I want my refund.  If it was an option, seems like they would have told me that during our long conversation.

Honored Contributor

@Maggie Nolia wrote:

@GenXmuse wrote:

@Maggie Nolia wrote:

@furbabylover wrote:

Wrong!  I've never been offered an option of how I want my refund.  If it was an option, seems like they would have told me that during our long conversation.

I must have a special version of Amazon, but okay. 

Honored Contributor

I don't have Amazon Prime but for the last year I have used Amazon almost weekly.  I have returned items and they were refunded on my credit card.  I have never received a gift card.  

Honored Contributor

My son has Amazon Prime. I asked him to buy 6 bottles of Paul Newman Salad dressing. It was Olive Oil and I couldn't find it anywhere. But found it on Amazon Prime through a 3rd party seller.

It was delivered. It was packaged and sent from Walmart. HUH? The package was never marked delivered. And it was not Olive Oil. Could not return because it was never marked as delivered. I paid $8.00+ a bottle and could have gone to Walmart and bought it for $3.00+ a bottle.

That was my last purchase using Amazon Prime.

Trusted Contributor

@GenXmuse  I agree with you.  I had a recent return and was asked if I wanted the gift card or original method of payment.  I chose the latter.

The CS people I've had contact with (especially during the pandemic) have exceeded by expectations with a variety of situations that arose with various items I needed and I cannot praise them enough.  

Honored Contributor

@drizzellla wrote:

My son has Amazon Prime. I asked him to buy 6 bottles of Paul Newman Salad dressing. It was Olive Oil and I couldn't find it anywhere. But found it on Amazon Prime through a 3rd party seller.

It was delivered. It was packaged and sent from Walmart. HUH? The package was never marked delivered. And it was not Olive Oil. Could not return because it was never marked as delivered. I paid $8.00+ a bottle and could have gone to Walmart and bought it for $3.00+ a bottle.

@drizzellla 

If it was from a 3rd party seller on Amazon it wasn’t purchased from Amazon Prime.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

We have Amazon Prime. We had Wal-Mart+ but cancelled in the intro period.

Even though Amazon is suppose to be 2 day shipping we don't always get it in 2 days.

I have had a few things ordered from Amazon that were delivered by I guess Wal-Mart since the items were in Wal-Mart bags left on my front porch.

Amazon has lockers in our area where you can go pick up your order? I'm not using this service since I'm paying for Prime I want it delivered to my house. If I have to go get it I might as well go buy it here?

I don't like that I don't get tracking numbers with a lot of my Amazon purchases?

I also think we should get a discount on our yearly membership since where we live we don't get all the benefits. Like Whole Foods.

I knew when I signed up for Wal-Mart+ it probably would not work out well. We live in a smaller area & I figured they would have problems finding 3rd party to deliver the groceries. I was right. I won't be using this service until they can fix it.

My first order I set up time slot 11-noon but my groceries did not get here until after 3. I received a text saying delivery delay with no more info. I had no idea when or if my order would even be delivered.

Not a big deal right now with staying at home but that won't work if I set up time & have an appt later I cannot make it because they cannot deliver my groceries? I can't be gone with groceries setting on my front porch.

Since they use 3rd party I assume the only money they make is their tip. 

I live about a mile from Wal-Mart so I thought not paying a tip when it's easier for me to pick them up.

I would rather give my tip to the person working at Wal-Mart picking my groceries doing all the work if you know what I mean. Wal-Mart won't allow that???

Wal-Mart has lower prices than Amazon.

Amazon has lots of sellers selling stuff at ridiculous prices. You need to check prices before buying from Amazon.

I always order over $35 from Wal-Mart to get free shipping anyways. I do get my orders in 2 days unless order was placed late Fri or weekend.

I had an order of Lysol Wipes from Wal-Mart during the Holidays that took a while to get here. Wal-Mart sent me a $10 off coupon on my next order.

I'm buying from who has the best price. Most have free shipping on certain amount & I don't have problem meeting that. Always need something.

Honored Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

@drizzellla wrote:

@drizzellla 

If it was from a 3rd party seller on Amazon it wasn’t purchased from Amazon Prime.

@willdob3, sometimes an item listed as Prime does have a seller other than Amazon. If that's the case, I check to see all sellers. Sometimes there is also the option of Prime directly from Amazon. If not, I check out the ratings for the third-party seller. If it's decent, I'll go for it, knowing that I am still covered by Prime.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland