Honored Contributor

Re: Walmart+ vs. Amazon Prime

@Nightowlz wrote:

@willdob3 wrote:

@Nightowlz 

As I understand it, the person who brings our groceries to the car when we pickup at WM, is not the person who picked them. And you are correct that WM does not allow tips. That would also put their workers at more risk; they want us to stay in the car with windows up. We can thank them by doing the quick survey we get with out receipt after we pickup. We can say good things there. I don’t know what, if any, extra compensation the workers might get from a good review.

@willdob3 

They started doing the stay in the car with your windows up not long ago but were not doing that before.

I don't know why they are doing it now since they come to your drivers side door & want you to open your window when they come out with your groceries.

When they get finished some want you to open window again?

They don't give us a survey or receipt while there. I receive my receipt on email?

Not all Wal-Marts are doing the same. Ours even started staying open to 11 pm a while back.

Our town is not closed down & never really was except a few months last year.

@Nightowlz 

Yes, I imagine it is necessarily different at different locations.

It has been windows up here since I started using grocery pickup last March. No one has ever asked me to open my window. They come to the window and check my name - some ask while others hold up the order for me to see my name and confirm.

They always come around to the window when they are done to let me know they are finished. Some just give a thumbs up. That is good. I can imagine some people might be playing on their phones and not realize they can leave. I like to be able to give a verbal thank you.

I love getting only an email receipt. And it is also all in the app. And the receipt includes the survey so I can let them know officially that the job was done well.

I have no idea what my WM’s hours are! Lol It was a 24 hr location prior to the pandemic. I’m in Florida. We never shut down here and WM has had a packed parking lot every time I’ve gone there or gone by. 

I did a WM pickup on my way home from work tonight. I really do love this service. Shopping is a time consuming chore and, if the pandemic ever ends, I’ll still use grocery pickup.  

Contributor

I haven't seen anyone mention having to pay return shipping for items not Sold By & Shipped By Amazon. Is this for anything that isn't sold by Amazon or just certain things? I returned a bread machine & didn't know this until I was charged @ $12 for return shipping. I still had to take it to the UPS store which was difficult for me since I'm old & couldn't pick it up to take it in. A nice lady saw me struggling & carried it in for me. I try to pay attention now & not buy if it's not sold by Amazon.

Super Contributor

Amazon wins! I have both...Very few, if any issues with Amazon; but NONE of my deliveries from Walmart + have been correct - missing items, damaged items, items past their expiration date, etc. Yesterday's delivery reeked of cigarettes and marijuana! To give Walmart a "little" credit -  I like the convenience of not having to go to Walmart and they do make good when you call and complain - I'm just tired of calling and complaining. Won't be renewing my Walmart membership!

Respected Contributor

I cancelled my amazon prime today.  I never watch any of their videos and amazon fresh isn't availible where I live.

I  think the price of amazon prime should be less if you don't have access to amazon fresh.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Amazon Prime wins. We've had it for years and all of us use it. Needed two botles of Aveeno lotion. Ordered yesterday evening and they were at my door this morning. I like that especially during this rainy season.

Also, I like that I can return through Khols and also get a 25 coupon from Khols. Sometimes the Seller might say "No need to return".

Honored Contributor

I really haven't looked at the Walmart program to know what all it offers.  But I've ordered online from them a few times this last year and all you have to do for free shipping is spend $35, so I found that easy to do.  Their packing isn't the best but they ship quickly.

As others have already stated, Amazon offers a LOT more stuff than just the free ship.   I also have the card so I get the 5% back on my Amazon purchases, plus 1% on others.    Between the saving in shipping costs and the rebates on the card it has WAY more than paid for the Prime fee.

Sometimes I watch shows or movies included in Prime, but probably not that often.  It's a nice feature to be included.   Plus the music and reading stuff, neither of which I've used, is probably a great benefit for many.